Placing and Managing HoldsFor helpful information on placing and managing holds in your online account, including vacation pauses, click here.
Automatic Item RenewalsWith automatic renewals, the Library system finds eligible items for renewal on your account and renews them for up to two additional loan periods. Eligible items will automatically renew three days before their due date. Please note: the following items are ineligible for automatic renewals.
- Items that have been renewed twice
- LINK+ materials from other libraries
- Lucky Day items
- Items on hold for another patron
Manual Item RenewalsYou may manually renew your items up to two additional loan periods by doing one of the following:
- Log in to your Library account online.
- Renew materials at a self-checkout station inside the Library.
- The item is in the Lucky Day collection
- The item is on hold for another borrower
- The item has been recently checked out
- The item is 10 or more days overdue or fines exceed $20.00
Renew Your CardYour Library card remains active for four (4) years. Upon expiration, it may be renewed by verifying your account information.
- Renew your library card online with link.
- Renew over the phone by calling (925) 931-3400, option 2.
- Submit renewal requests by email. Please include your Full name, Library Card Number, Current Address and Phone Number.
- Visit the Library in person to renew your membership.
Replacement CardsReplacement Cards are available free of charge if you have lost or misplaced your card. Bring a photo ID to obtain a replacement card, please visit the Library.
Account NotificationsThere are two options for account notifications:
- Sign up for email and phone notifications when you register for a Library Card. The system will notify you when your holds are ready-for-pickup, or when your items need to be returned.
- Library Elf is an additional free service to create customized account notifications, consolidated lists for you and your and your family’s accounts, receive email and/or text alerts before items are due.
The Library provides notifications and reminders to help you to keep your account up to date. To be contacted, please keep your email and contact information current. Below are our fees:
- The Library has contracted with the Unique collection agency to assist in recovering unreturned library materials and unpaid fees. Accounts sent to the collection agency will have a non-refundable $10 service charge added to the balance. Charges for lost or damaged items include both the replacement cost and a $5 processing fee.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended for overdue items, billed items, or fees totaling $20 or more.
- Purchasing a replacement item to eliminate the lost/damage fee is not an available option due to the cataloging processes in place with our vendors.
Library Policies provide information and guidance on services, protect the individual rights and freedoms of all members of the community and reflect the departmental values of integrity, customer service, collaboration, inclusiveness and innovation. Library policies are periodically reviewed and subject to Administrative or City Council approval, as noted in each policy.
- Bulletin Board Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Collection Development Policy
- Confidentiality of Library Records
- Donations Policy
- Exhibit Space Policy
- Inclusiveness in Materials Statement
- Materials Recovery Policy
- Public Access to the Internet Policy
- Registration of Borrowers Policy
- Volunteer Program Policy
Vendor Privacy PoliciesThe Pleasanton Public Library licenses services and content from third-party vendors who have their own privacy policies and confidentiality practices. When you leave the Library’s website, your interaction with these systems will be governed by their individual privacy policies. Check the privacy statements for specific vendors listed below to learn how your data is stored and used by them.
eBooks & Streaming
- Axis 360
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Overdrive’s policy for Children