How do I apply for a new Library Card?
How do I renew an expired Library Card?
- Renew via our Renew Your Library Card webpage.
- Renew over the phone by calling (925) 931-3400, option 2
- Visit the Pleasanton Library in person to renew your membership.
I’ve misplaced or damaged my Library Card.
Managing Your Account
How do I renew items?
Pleasanton Library offers “automatic renewals for certain items. It’s simple and easy – Our system finds eligible items on your account, and renews them for up to two additional loan periods. Eligible items will automatically renew three days before their due date.
Please note: the following items are ineligible for automatic renewals…
- Items that have been renewed twice
- LINK+ materials from other libraries
- Lucky Day items
- Items on hold for another patron
You may manually renew your items up to two additional loan periods by doing one of the following:
- Log in to your Library account online by clicking here.
- Renew materials at a self-checkout station inside the Library
You will not be able to manually renew an item if…
- The item is in the Lucky Day collection
- The item is on hold for another borrower
- The item has been recently checked out
- The item is 10 or more days overdue or fines exceed $20.00
I need to change or reset my email, username or PIN.
You can change your online account information by following these steps:
- Login to your library account
- Click your Username in the upper right corner
- Click the My Settings tab near the bottom of the flyout menu
- Under the Account Information heading in the middle of the page, click “Change” next to the field you’d like to update
Do you offer notifications for when my items are due and holds are available?
- Sign up for email and phone notifications when you register for a Library Card. The system will notify you when your holds are ready-for-pickup, or when your items need to be returned.
- Library Elf is an additional free service to create customized account notifications, consolidated lists for you and your and your family’s accounts, and receive email and/or text alerts before items are due.
Can I pause a hold while I am on vacation or not ready yet?
I need more information on fees for lost and damaged materials.
Using the Library’s Mobile App
How do I download the Library’s app to my device?
How do I display my library card in the app?
Books and Materials
Do you have any reading recommendations?
I would like to request that the Library purchase a title.
If you’d like the library to purchase a certain book, DVD, or CD audiobook, you can submit a “Purchase Suggestion” using one of the following methods …
From the Mobile App
If you have our mobile app, tap My Borrowing at the bottom of the screen, then Suggested purchases.
On the next screen tap Add suggestion and fill out the form:
From the Web Catalog
- Search the web catalog to see if the title you want is on order. If not, you’ll need to log in to your account to submit your suggestion.
- Log in to your account.
- After you log in, click your User Name or Barcode in the upper right corner to expand the menu, then click My Library Dashboard.
- Scroll down and click Submit a Suggestion on the left side of the screen.
- Enter the title information in the online form.
- You will receive a response regarding the status of your request once the suggestion has been reviewed by staff.