Welcome to the City of Pleasanton Human Resources Department. Our goal is to attract and retain a highly talented and qualified City workforce. If you enjoy working in a challenging and innovative work environment and are motivated by providing excellent municipal services to a community with high standards, we sincerely welcome your interest in the City of Pleasanton.
Pleasanton’s Human Resources Division supports the city by providing services in recruiting and developing talent and providing the workforce with a superior work environment.
If you are considering employment with the City, or are currently participating in the application process, you may wish to browse through the categories listed below. The information provided on these pages will help familiarize you with the City’s employment structure.
The Human Resources Division:
- Supports 11 municipal departments and a workforce of approximately 465 employees (plus an additional 400+ temporary staff).
- Provides a non-discriminatory workplace and endorses personal accountability.
Human Resources programs and services include:
- Employment Recruitment & Selection
- Employee Benefit Administration
- Employee Development & Training
- Labor & Employee Relations
- Compensation & Classification Administration
- Workers Compensation Safety
Why Work for the City of Pleasanton
Working for the City of Pleasanton allows you to make a tangible difference in the lives of residents and contribute to the overall betterment of the community. As a government entity, the City of Pleasanton offers stable employment opportunities, providing job security and peace of mind for your career.
Join a team that takes pride in serving the community and working towards the common goal of creating a thriving, safe and sustainable city.
Working for the City of Pleasanton offers several key benefits:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package
- Job security and stability
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Collaborative work environment that values diverse perspectives
- Meaningful work that directly impacts the community’s well-being
- Beautiful location in the scenic Tri-Valley region, with proximity to major cities like San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
Apply for a job today!
View all available job opportunities here at the City.
To apply to a job, you will need to create an account with NeoGov. Once you have done so, your online application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening.
To view all job classifications, please click here to search by classification title. To receive notifications for job openings that are not currently under recruitment, please select the green “subscribe” button located at the top right hand corner of each job description. Once you have subscribed to a particular classification, you will be notified of future recruitments for up to 12 months from the date you have subscribed.
How do I apply for a job?
Can I provide a resume to Human Resources?
Must I complete an online application or can I submit a hard copy?
How do I prepare for the testing process?
To prepare for the testing process, it is helpful to review the job announcement and job description to identify job responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for the position. Conduct a self-assessment of the related competencies you specifically possess which are transferable to the position for which you are interviewing.
Gathering information about the Division, Department and City is helpful.
Practice interviewing skills with a friend, family member, or colleague.
What kind of benefits does the City offer?
Does the City require fingerprints to check for criminal offender record information?
Does the City check my driver's license with the Department of Motor Vehicles?
How do I find out about job postings?
The City of Pleasanton’s Human Resources Employment Opportunities webpage is updated on a continuous basis and is subject to change at any time without notice. If you are interested in a job that is not currently open, you may complete an online interest card to be notified by email at the opening of such recruitments. Interest cards may be completed online. Be sure to keep your applicant profile up-to-date with your current email address. The Human Resources Division maintains a binder of job announcements received from numerous agencies. Visit us in City Hall to view these announcements. Other employment resources include:
What is an Interest Card?
An Interest Card is an online tool to request email notification when a specific job classification opens for application.
Does the City offer internships?
I'm interested in volunteering for the City. How do I become a volunteer?
Covid-19 Employee Protocol
What should I do if I feel sick while at work?
- If you develop any symptoms of illness, including but not limited to, fever, coughing, shortness of breath, fatigue, loss of smell and/or taste, runny nose, congestion, sneezing, headache, diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting, report your symptoms to your supervisor and return home.
- You will be directed to call Occupational Health (Stanford Health Care) at (925) 534-0211 for further guidance about your symptoms and whether COVID-19 testing is necessary.
- Even if you contact your private physician/healthcare provider, you must also contact Occupational Health (Stanford Health Care) for guidance on the steps necessary for clearance to return to work.
What should I do if I start feeling sick after I leave work?
Privacy reminder: Medical information is private. For all employees, including any employee with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, the right to privacy should be strictly maintained. Do not share any information that sacrifices another employee’s right to privacy. Of course, it is appropriate to share the necessary information with your private physician, Occupational Health and/or your public health department.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Pleasanton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the City of Pleasanton to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, ancestry, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non job-related factors.
The City of Pleasanton is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the applications or selection process may contact the Human Resources Department at (925) 931-5048.
200 Old Bernal – Modular
PO Box 520
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Office: (925) 931-5048
Fax: (925) 931-5488
Learn more about our Department, Our Team and Services.
Contact us by filling out the form below: