Recreation for Adults With Developmental Disabilities
Recreation for Adults with Developmental Disabilities (RADD) is a special recreation program designed for people ages 15 and above with developmental disabilities. RADD’s mission is to provide equal opportunity for personal growth for individuals with developmental disabilities through recreational activities and community involvement.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
The City of Pleasanton Library and the Recreation Department invites people with and without disabilities to enjoy our sites, facilities and programs. For more information about inclusion services, please visit our Inclusion Services page.
All new participants must complete and submit for approval the following forms before participating in any RADD program:
- Participation Packet
- Code of Conduct
- Participants must be 15 years of age or older. Residents and non-residents welcome.
- Have the ability to participate appropriately and safely in a 1:6 staff to participant ratio.
- A care provider must attend with participant if they are unable to eat or use the restroom with minimal supervision or require special medical attention.
- RADD Newsletters
- RADD Newsletter Mailing list
Activity Registration Information
- Pre-registration and payment is required for all activities. Limited space is available.
- Drop-ins are not allowed.
- Register for programs 3 times a year in January, April and August.
- Visit the RADD section for the list of current offerings and to register.
- If you need help registering, please come by the Pleasanton Senior Center or call the RADD office at (925) 931-5373.
- Current RADD Programs
- Refund Policy: If you wish to withdraw from a class by 4:30 p.m. the Monday before an event, a full refund or credit can be issued. If the cancellation is after Monday but before 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday before the event, a credit only can be issued. If cancelation is after the Wednesday before an event, no refunds can be issued.
RADD Reach ScholarshipREACH offers a scholarship program for people ages 15 years and above with developmental disabilities that would like to participate in the City of Pleasanton’s RADD Program but may not have the financial means to do so. Participants who meet requirements are eligible to apply for the REACH Scholarship.
- Visit our Services for Persons with Disabilities page for additional resources and information.
- Visit our Fee Assistance page for additional financial assistance for residents. For more information please call (925) 931-5340.
- WHEELS Dial-A-Ride
- Serves Pleasanton, Livermore and Dublin residents. For more information, call (925) 455-7510, Weekdays: 4:30 a.m. – 1:30 a.m. and Weekends: 5:00 a.m. – 1:30 a.m.
- Wheels Dial-A-Ride is a door-to-door public shared-ride transportation service for ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) paratransit eligible passengers. Dial-A-Ride provides a convenient, cost-effective transportation option for persons with disabilities. Dial-A-Ride is public shared ride transportation, meaning that other customers may be picked up and dropped off along the route. Various vehicles are used for Dial-A-Ride services.
- WHEELS Para-Taxi Reimbursement Program:
The Wheels Para-Taxi Program is a premium paratransit service, which provides flexible same-day transportation service for ADA-Certified Wheels Dial-A-Ride riders by reimbursing riders for taxi (including rideshare) service.
Recreation for Adults with Developmental Disabilities (RADD)
5353 Sunol Boulevard
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Contact us by filling out the form below: