In 2002, the Pleasanton Police Department and the Pleasanton Unified School District implemented the School Resource Officer (SRO) program as a joint effort to keep our schools safe and establish a positive police presence in Pleasanton schools.
- Two officers are assigned as school resource officers to handle primary responsibilities at the District’s three high schools and three middle schools.
- Daily activities include meeting and working with students, teachers, parents, counselors, and school administrators.
- The officers provide advice on a variety of topics, take crime reports, handle disputes at the school, act as counselors, conduct follow-up investigations and guest lecture in classes on a variety of topics.
- After school hours officers often attend sporting events, dances, back-to-school nights and other school activities and events.
- Both officers also work very closely with leadership classes at the schools and assist the students in coordinating successful events.
The Pleasanton Police Department’s SROs are Officer Michael Rossillon and Officer Marty Billdt. They are each assigned three schools in the Pleasanton Unified School District:
Officer Rossillon is assigned the following schools:
Officer Harvey is assigned the following schools: