Citizens who want to notify the Police Department about a traffic problem are encouraged to call (925) 931-5277 (KARS).
- The complaint line has been established to better serve the community and citizens who call to ask for special enforcement in an area or make a suggestion to the Traffic Unit.
- Complaints are tracked and provided to patrol and traffic officers for evaluation and enforcement.
- The phone line has an option for residents to call regarding ongoing parking problems or abandoned vehicles as the Pleasanton Police Department recognizes the importance of being vigilant when responding to calls of this nature.
Reporting Traffic Issues Online
The Police Department offers residents the ability to report traffic issues online.
- Examples of common issues that can be reported online include speeders at a specific location, habitual parking problems and/or violations, abandoned vehicles, sign or signal damage and/or obstructions, etc.
- Your report will be sent directly to the Traffic Unit Supervisor for review and assignment.
- A copy of the report may not be permanently retained by Pleasanton PD after the incident has been addressed by staff.
- Your submission of a traffic related complaint/issue is considered informational and helps the Police Department address reoccurring traffic related problems.
- If you require a formal complaint/report please contact the Pleasanton Police Department at (925) 931-5100.
If the incident you are reporting is an emergency or requires immediate attention please contact us at 911 (emergency) or (925) 931-5100 (non-emergency). Do not report the incident online. Online reporting should only be used to report incidents that do not require immediate attention as the reporting system is not continuously monitored by police personnel.