Close this search box.

Customer Service

The Customer Service Center is the communications hub for the Public Works Department. It is located at the Operations Services Center of the Public Works Department (3333 Busch Rd.) and is open Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Customers can pay their Utility bills, obtain a dog license and report any operations or maintenance issues related to City-maintained sites including water, sewer, streetlights, signs and parks. 

For more information, please contact us at (925) 931-5500 or contact us.

For after hours emergencies, please contact non-emergency Pleasanton Police Dispatch at (925) 931-5100.

Report an issue

Need to report any of the following issues?

  • Streetlight that is out or not functioning properly
  • Problem or hazard regarding a water system
  • Sewer issue
  • Park maintenance
  • City tree maintenance or issues (Tree down)
  • Street maintenance such as potholes, sidewalks, street signs or debris in roadway 

There are a few ways to report an issue to the City:

  • Submit request using the Maintstar portal: REPORT AN ISSUE
  • Contact the Customer Service Center in the Public Works Department at (925) 931-5500 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • Emergency service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year by calling Pleasanton Police Dispatch at (925) 931-5100.

Click here for more information on how to use the Maintstar portal.

Sewer Line questions

Who is responsible for sewer line repairs in the city?

Most of the major repair work and sewer line replacement is contracted out. Time permitting; the Utilities Division completes smaller sewer main repairs usually less than ten feet deep or twenty feet long. The Utilities Division is capable of making these repairs from start to finish. The Street Division does the final asphalt repair.

Where does my responsibility fall as a homeowner?

Responsibility for house laterals belongs to the property/homeowner. Section 15.32.100 “Maintenance Responsibility” of the City of Pleasanton Municipal Code states “the City shall maintain all trunk sewers. Maintenance of side sewers and service laterals shall be the responsibility of the property owner served by such sewers.”

The Sewer Division is available 24 hours a day to check sewer main lines and answer questions about where a problem is occurring. Contact the Customer Service Center at (925) 931-5500 during business hours or (925) 931-5100 after 3:30 p.m. and on weekends for assistance.

Additional Resources

  • To report issues with traffic signals:
    Please contact the Traffic Engineering Department at (925) 931-5677.
  • To report graffiti vandalism:
    Please contact the Pleasanton Police Department Graffiti Hotline at (925) 931-5253 to report graffiti vandalism or file a report online
    Public Works will be notified by the Police Department if clean-up efforts are needed.

Dog Licensing

Per City of Pleasanton Ordinance 7.12.010 License Required and 7.12.050 Rabies Vaccination Required, dogs are required to be licensed within the City of Pleasanton. The Pleasanton Municipal Code states any resident of the city who is an owner of a dog over four months old shall have a current dog license tag for the dog.

How to Apply for a Dog License

  1. Complete an application.
    Applications are available online or in person at:
    • Public Works Department: 3333 Busch Road, Pleasanton, CA 94566
    • Pleasanton Police Department: 4833 Bernal Avenue, Pleasanton, CA 94566
      Note: The Police department does not process applications.
  2. Submit the application.
    • In person: City of Pleasanton, Public Works Department, 3333 Busch Road.
    • By mail: City of Pleasanton, Attn: Customer Service, P.O. Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566

The following will be required at the time of registration:

  1. A completed Dog License application.
  2. A copy of the dog’s rabies vaccination certificate provided by a licensed veterinarian as required by PMC.
  3. A copy of a Spay/Neuter certificate (if applicable) to qualify for a reduced fee license.
    Note: Not required if the dog was previously licensed as a spayed/neutered animal
  4. Payment for license. See application to calculate license fee required.

Per municipal code 7.12.30 (Ord. 1919 § 3, 2005; prior code § 4-5.08). The effective period of each dog license issued shall be in an increment of one, two, or three years from the date of issuance, not to exceed the dog’s rabies vaccination expiration date.

License fees

License fees are based on the term of the license and whether or not the dog is spayed/neutered.

Payments can be made via mail by check or money order only – payable to the City of Pleasanton. In person payments can be made by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Applications should be turned into the City of Pleasanton Customer Service Center at the Public Works Department.

Spayed females/Neutered males:

  • $3.50 for one year
  • $6.50 for two years
  • $9.00 for three years

Intact females/Intact males:

  • $7.00 for one year
  • $13.00 for two years
  • $18.00 for three years