2024-2025 Water Rate Information
Pleasanton’s Water Enterprise Fund is designed so all users pay for the system and its improvements and costs are not covered by the General Fund. Rates haven’t increased since 2011, with only adjustments for inflation since then. The City has approved a rate increase for all water customers beginning January 1, 2024, followed by subsequent rate increases on January 1, 2025. For the average single-family residential customer, the rate increase that will take effect on January 1, 2024 will be an increase of about $33 for the water portion of the bill every other month.
The primary purpose of the immediate rate adjustment is to fund a project to increase capacity from Zone 7 Water Agency to reduce the reliance on Pleasanton’s groundwater wells as our longer-term solution is developed. Revenue from rate adjustments will then be used to ensure we are prepared in case of an emergency or another drought, conduct vital maintenance, and begin work on our longer-term supply alternatives.
Additional Rate Information
- Pleasanton Bi-monthly Water Bill Calculator
- Pleasanton Water Rates Frequently Asked Questions (updated 10/5/23)
- Detailed information on the rate increases can be found in the City’s agenda report from the November 7, 2023 City Council meeting (item #17).
- Public Hearing Notice – A Public Hearing Notice was sent to all Pleasanton addresses in early August 2023.
- A press release with additional information.
- Final Water and Recycled Water Rate Study report.
- Current rate information (as of January 1, 2023) can be found here.
View an example of a single-family residential utility bill with new and past water rates below.
NOTE: Single-family residents have previously not paid for the first 20 ccf (hundred cubic feet) of water used per billing cycle (bi-monthly). The new rates will require single-family residents to pay for all water used.