Building & Safety Division
The City of Pleasanton Building Division:
- Provides plan review and field inspections of all structures to ensure safe, healthy, accessible and sustainable buildings that comply with local and state laws.
- Enforces the City's Municipal Code, current building codes, state mandated energy conservation, disabled access and housing laws.
- Serves as a resource for homeowners, businesses, contractors and designers.
Plan Review Team:
- Plan review services for new commercial and residential buildings, additions, alterations and repairs to assure that proposed construction work meets minimum life safety, accessibility, sustainability, and structural safety requirements of the codes.
- Over the Counter Plan Review on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment between 8:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Call (925) 931-5300 to schedule an appointment and to verify if a project will qualify for an Over the Counter time slot.
Building Inspection Team:
- Inspection services for building construction to ensure compliance with approved plans, and local and state building code laws.
- Inspection services available for new residential, commercial and industrial buildings, as well as building additions, remodels, and changes in use.
- Schedule inspections using PleasantonPermits.com or the Voice Permits System at (925) 931-5322.
- Inspectors are available for calls at (925) 931-5300 from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. on the morning of a scheduled inspection.