Tuesday, July 20, 2021 - 6:20 p.m.
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Governor Newsom proclaimed a State of Emergency due to COVID-19 and issued Executive Order N-25-20 suspending provisions of the Brown Act allowing meetings via teleconferencing and members of the public to observe and offer comments telephonically or electronically.
• If you wish to speak on an item listed on this agenda or under public comment, please submit a speaker card here or at https://forms.cityofpleasantonca.gov/f/SpeakerCard by 7:00 p.m. the day of the meeting.
• Join the meeting using this URL https://cityofpleasanton.zoom.us/j/91294937422
• To join by phone dial +1 (669) 900-6833 or +1 (253) 215-8782. When prompted: Enter Webinar ID 91294937422
CALL TO ORDER
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Remarks by Councilmember Narum
• Roll Call
REPORT ON CLOSED SESSION
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve meeting minutes of June 1, 2021
2. Approve second amendment to agreement with HF&H Consultants, LLC for Solid Waste System Technical Assistance services to increase the amount to $298,000
Community Development Department
3. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
4. Adopt and waive second reading of Ordinance No. 2217 approving applications for Planned Unit Development (PUD) rezoning and development plan for 10X Genomics located at 1701 Springdale Avenue
5. Adopt and waive second reading of Ordinance No. 2218 approving a Development Agreement with 10X Genomics, Inc.
6. Approve increase in the contract for the on-call consultant services with Hexagon, TJKM and Fehr and Peers from $500,000 to $700,000
7. Approve plans and specifications, review bids, and award construction contract to VSS International, Inc. in the amount of $446,000 for the Annual Slurry Seal Project, CIP No. 21504
8. Approve agreements for on-call construction management, resident engineering, and inspection services with the firms of Carlson Management, Inc., 4Leaf, Inc. and Swinerton Management and Consulting
9. Adopt a resolution authorizing the Mayor of the City of Pleasanton to execute two right of way contracts and grant two temporary construction easements to the Alameda County Transportation Commission for the I-680 Southbound Express Lanes Between State Route 84 and Alcosta Boulevard Project
10. Accept the monthly disbursements and investment report for May 2021
11. Approve agreement with GHD, Inc. for Computerized Maintenance Management System consulting services in the amount of $476,322 for two years
12. Approve agreement with New Image Landscape Company for turfgrass moving and edging services in the amount of $613,743 for three years
13. Approve agreement with West Yost & Associates, Inc. for as-needed on-site recycled water services in the annual amount of $120,000 for FY 2020/21 and 2022/23
14. Approve first amendment to the purchase order for chemicals and equipment with Lincoln Aquatics in the amount of $125,000 for FY 2020/21
15. Approve second amendment to agreement with ACCO Engineered Systems for HVAC maintenance and repairs in the amount of $800,000 and extend term to June 30, 2023
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
16. Public Comment regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are limited to 3 minutes.
17. To Pleasanton, With Love Local Business Recovery Campaign Results Presentation by Visit Tri-Valley
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may alter time limits.
18. Consider adoption of Action Plan to comply with SB 1383 to reduce organic materials diverted to landfills
19. Consider timing for phasing out of temporary pop-ups, and provide policy direction on long-term Parklet Program
20. Consider a resolution designating Renewable 100 as the default electricity product for Pleasanton’s residential, commercial and industrial accounts
21. Consider adoption of a resolution approving Livermore-Amador Valley Water Management Agency refunding revenue bonds and related documents and actions
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Council
ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION
22. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR pursuant Govt. Code §54957.6:
Agency representative: Nelson Fialho and Debra Gill
Employee Organization: International Association of Firefighters Local 1974
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection by emailing the City Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meeting
The City of Pleasanton can provide special assistance for persons with disabilities to participate in public meetings. To make a request for a disability-related modification or accommodation (e.g., an assistive listening device), please contact the City Clerk’s Office at email@example.com or (925) 931-5027 at the earliest possible time. If you need sign language assistance, please provide at least two working days’ notice prior to the meeting date.