Tuesday, June 28, 2022 - 6 p.m.
Locations: Zoom and City Council Chamber - 200 Old Bernal Ave.
Governor Newsom proclaimed a State of Emergency due to COVID-19 and has issued Executive Order N-29-20 and approved AB 361 suspending provisions of the Brown Act allowing meetings via teleconferencing and members of the public to observe and offer comments telephonically or electronically.
The meeting will be held at the City Council Chamber - 200 Old Bernal Ave., via video/teleconference, and will be broadcast live on Channel 29 and at https://www.tri-valleytv.org and https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCityofPleasanton.
Public participation: It is requested that members of the public wishing to address the City Council submit a speaker card. When public comment is opened on an agenda item, individuals may speak once per agenda item.
In Person at Council Chamber:
· Submit a physical speaker card to the City Clerk at the meeting. When your name is called, please provide comment at the podium.
Virtual via Zoom:
· Submit an electronic speaker card in advance of the meeting at https://forms.cityofpleasantonca.gov/f/SpeakerCard.
· Use the “raise hand” function when public comment is opened on the agenda item. You will be unmuted when your name is called and re-muted after the allotted time. To raise your hand, click the “raise hand” button or *9 on your telephone. To unmute your phone, press *6.
• Join the meeting using this URL https://cityofpleasanton.zoom.us/j/91294937422
• To join by phone dial +1 (669) 900-6833 or +1 (253) 215-8782. When prompted: Enter Webinar ID 91294937422
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, pursuant to section 54956 of the California Government Code, that a special meeting of the City Council of the City of Pleasanton is hereby called.
CALL TO ORDER
* Roll Call
PUBLIC COMMENT - Comments are limited to items listed on this agenda.
1. Introduction of proposed Memorandum of Understanding between the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department Joint Powers Authority and the International Association of Firefighters, Local 1974 with term ending June 30, 2025
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection by emailing the City Clerk’s Office at email@example.com.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meeting
The City of Pleasanton can provide special assistance for persons with disabilities to participate in public meetings. To make a request for a disability-related modification or accommodation (e.g., an assistive listening device), please contact the City Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 931-5027 at the earliest possible time. If you need sign language assistance, please provide at least two working days’ notice prior to the meeting date.