Gale (Infotrac) Indexes
- Magazine and Newspaper Indexes (many with full text available)
- Chilton's Car Repair
- Student Research
- Health Information
- Small Business Help and more
MUZZY Language Courses
- World's largest language-learning service
- 75 languages and 3,750 available courses
- Learn how to actually speak a foreign language with the help of pronunciation analysis, virtual coaches and simulated conversations
- For both beginners and advanced learners, kids to adults
- Includes interactive ESL for 50 non-English languages
- MUZZY is an award-winning, multimedia language program
- Designed for beginning level foreign language and English (ESL) learning
- Currently offers 8 world language options for all ages
- Premier reference and marking database
- 30 million business profiles
- 220 million residents
- Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities and finding friends and relatives
Teen Health and Wellness
- High School homework help and test prep.
- Study and self-help tools created for teens
- Some topics covered: diseases, drugs, alcohol, nutrition, fitness, mental health, diversity and family life.
- Online practice tests including the GRE, AP, SAT, employment exams, etc.
Genealogy Research Resources
Heritage Quest Online
- Genealogy and historical research databases including records from the U.S. Census, Revolutionary War, Freedman's Bank Records Collection and U.S. Congressional Serial Set. Access from any computer or device.
- A free public genealogy service of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Access from any computer or device.
The following databases are only accessible from Pleasanton Library computers. You will need your library card number.
- Databases for genealogical and historical research including the U.S. Census, vital and church records, immigration & travel, military, schools, city directories, tax, probate, and more. Access from a Pleasanton Library computer.
Genealogy databases from the New England Historic Genealogy Society with over 110 million names.