All Building permit applications are electronically submitted through our Accela Citizen Access (ACA) site.
Fire permits are reviewed, issued and inspected by the Livermore Pleasanton Fire Department (LPFD). Please scroll to the bottom of this page and select the "Submit Fire Permit" green rectangle. Attach the Building Permit Application form for all Fire Permits.
ELECTRONIC FORMAT REQUIREMENTS
Follow the formatting requirements outlined below:
1. PDF - Digital plans and documents must be PDF, with a 250 MB max. Each plan sheet within the PDF must be "Bookmarked". The Bookmark name/label must match the plan sheet name/label. (For example: Plan sheet A101 must have a Bookmark name/label of A101.)
2. Unsecured Settings - Choose "unsecured" on your security settings so that plan reviewers may mark up the documents or create notes.
3. File Naming Conventions - All PDFs should use the same file naming conventions. All drawing files must be named as follow: SUBMISSION CYCLE FILE DESCRIPTION Do not include “‐“(dashes) or special characters in the file name. For Example: SUB1 Application; SUB1 Civil Plans; SUB1 Struct Calcs
4. Separate PDFs - Provide separate PDFs for supporting documents such as soils reports, structural calculations, T-24, etc., separate from the project plans. The project plans (architectural, MEP, structural, landscape, etc.) must be collated into a complete PDF.
5. Scale - PDF exhibits must be generated at a prescribed scale (i.e. 1/4" = 1'-0", or 1/8" = 1'-0") in order for staff to verify dimensions and areas within the file, using the built-in Acrobat measuring tool. Graphic scales may also be included but are not required.
6. Orientation - All drawings/plan must uniformly use landscape orientation (except for technical reports or documents). Maintain a uniform page positions and page size for all plans (architectural, landscape, civil, etc.).
7. Stamp Location - Provide a 3-inch high x 6-inch wide clear space on the upper right quadrant for jurisdiction/consulting approval stamps. This is to be consistent amongst all trades.
8. Conditions of Approval - If your project received conditions of approval from the Planning Division, include a copy of all the conditions of approval with your submittal. You must also provide a letter or annotate response to each condition of approval.
After your initial submittal, you will receive a comment letter outlining the corrections needed or your project may be approved. If you receive comments, you will need to address each plan check comment and resubmit adhering to the original submittal requirements. Additional instructions for resubmittals:
A. Include a response letter with a detailed explanation how you addressed the plan check comment, from all Departments/Divisions.
B. Cloud all changes and note delta number on the title block.
C. Use the same format, plan size and scale as the original submittal.
D. Resubmit a complete set of plans.
REVISION or DEFERRED SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
Revisions must contain the following:
A. PDF files/plans shall include the original plans with the City approved stamp.
B. Building permit number of original approved plans.
C. Clear and concise description of work summarizing revisions to the original plans.
D. A separate file containing a full, complete drawing and document package containing the newly revised sheets, changes clearly highlighted, clouded and delineated with date of revision (i.e., cloud all changes and note delta number on the title block).
For questions related to the electronic submittal process, code questions, or general building questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your submittal!
FIRE PERMIT SUBMITTALS - CLICK "SUBMIT FIRE PERMIT" BELOW:
Please remember to upload the Building Permit Application form to all Fire Permit submittals or your submittal will be rejected.
- Fire suppression system installation or modifications (fire sprinkler systems, commercial hood and ducts, etc.)
- Fire alarm system installations or modifications
- Emergency fire main repairs