Per City of Pleasanton Ordinance 7.12.010 License Required and 7.12.050 Rabies Vaccination Required, dogs are required to be licensed within the City of Pleasanton.
How to Apply for a Dog License
- In person: City of Pleasanton Operations Services Department, 3333 Busch Road.
- By mail to: City of Pleasanton, P.O. Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566
Applications are available online or in person at:
- Pleasanton Police Department: 4833 Bernal Avenue, Pleasanton, CA 94566
- Operations Services Department: 3333 Busch Road, Pleasanton, CA 94566
The following will be required at the time of registration:
- A completed Dog License application
- A copy of the dog's rabies vaccination certificate provided by a veterinarian.
- A copy of a Spay/Neuter certificate (if applicable) to qualify for a reduced fee license.
Note: Not required if the dog was previously licensed as a spayed/neutered animal
- Payment for license. See application above to calculate license fee required.
Questions? Contact us.