The Pleasanton Police Department Records and Dispatch Units (collectively referred to as Support Services):
- Open to serve the community twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Handle over 100,000 business calls annually.
- Records and Dispatch personnel process tens of thousands of reports, citations, court documents, and correspondence to the Police Department each year.
- Currently staffed with a civilian manager, 14 full time dispatcher positions, and three full time records clerks.
- Dispatchers answer all 911 emergency calls and the majority of non-emergency calls.
- They are responsible for sending police personnel as needed to calls for service.
- They receive and dispatch calls for City services when City offices are closed.
- Examples include problems associated with flooding during heavy rains and requests for emergency water service problems.
- Help citizens who come to the Police Department for assistance, process warrants for arrest, and have general records responsibilities.
The goal of Support Services is to provide an efficient and personal response to every request for service. They provide several services to the community, including:
- Live Scan fingerprinting services are available to residents and people who work in the City of Pleasanton by appointment only.
- For a Live Scan appointment, you must have a Request For Live Scan Services form provided by whoever is requiring you to be fingerprinted.
- To make an appointment please call (925) 931-5100.
- Please refer to the Fee Schedule for more information.
- Copies of releasable crime reports are available to authorized parties.
- Government Code §6254 and case law restricts release in certain circumstances.
- To purchase a copy of a releasable crime report, contact the Support Services Unit.
- If you are a suspect or an arrested party in a police report, you may only obtain a copy of the report through the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office.
- Refer to the Fee Schedule for more information.