Rebates and Services

Water Efficient Landscape Program

red drought resistant plants

Save water, beautify your landscaping and reduce your maintenance time!

The city of Pleasanton is offering $0.25 per square foot to Residential Customers and $.50 per square foot to Irrigation Customers who replace existing thirsty front lawns or sidewalk-visible lawns with drought tolerant landscaping.

In conjunction with Zone 7’s Water-Efficient Lawn Conversion Rebate, you can increase your rebate value by applying to BOTH rebate programs simultaneously. Customers can get up to $1.00 (Residential) or $1.25 (Commercial/Irrigation) per square foot of converted landscape! (see program Terms and Conditions).

NEW - Drought Modification - Rebates of 40 percent will be provided upon completion of lawn removal and mulching. Planting will be delayed until provided notification from the City. At which time, participants will receive the remaining 60% of rebate once planting project is satisfactorily complete. 

Maximum rebates through the City of Pleasanton are $250 for single family and $3,000 for irrigation and commercial customers. Funding is limited.

Water-Efficient Irrigation Rebate for Irrigation Customers

broken shower headReduce outdoor water use and promote a healthy and attractive landscape by improving watering efficiency through the installation of water-efficient irrigation hardware.

Irrigation meter customers participating in the City of Pleasanton’s Water-Efficient Landscape Program are eligible for rebates towards qualifying water-efficient irrigation equipment utilized on the converted landscape area. Qualifying equipment include rain sensors, pressure regulating devices and rotary nozzles. See Terms and Conditions for full details.

Controller Assistance Program

plant overgrowth

Need advice on how to much and when to water your landscaping? The City offers free controller assistance visits to residential and non-residential water customers. This service includes:

  • A walk-through site/irrigation system evaluation of your property
  • Irrigation controller programming assistance

The Controller Assistance Program is open to all water customers with landscaping that are responsible for the property water bill. Home occupants that are not the homeowner must provide signed consent and waiver from the homeowner. Interested customers with questions can contact the City’s Water Conservation Technician: 925-931-5504.

aerator - water efficiency deviceFree Indoor Water-Efficient Device Program

Was your home built before 1994? If so, and you have not remodeled since, your home is likely equipped with inefficient water hardware. Stop by the Customer Service Center at 3333 Busch Road to pick up water-efficient showerheads (limit 3), bathroom aerators (limit 3), and kitchen aerator (limit 1).

You can also pick up free toilet dye strips to check for toilet leaks.

Free Water Conservation Lavatory Signs

water conservation lavatory signsCommercial customers can request these easy-to-use water conservation clings (non-stick) on lavatory mirrors. The signs help remind customers and employees to be mindful of water waste. Sign requests can be made by calling (925) 931-5515, or email: jcordes@cityofpleasantonca.gov.

Ended - High-Efficiency Toilets and Urinals

Zone 7's High-Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program ended December 31, 2016.  Purchases made after December 31, 2016, or applications after March 1, 2017, will not be eligible for a rebate.  

Water Efficient Washing Machines

Zone 7 and PG&E are offering a combined rebate of up to $150 for "Energy Star Most Efficient Model" clothes washers, and $50 for qualifying Tier 3 high-efficient washers. Installing a new high-efficiency washing machine can save you water, energy, and detergent costs!

Note – Silver Ion technology does NOT qualify for water rebate.

Program details, application form, and a current list of qualifying models can be found by visiting online waterenergysavings.com or call PG&E's Smarter Energy Line at 1-800-933-9555.