The Water Conservation Division provides customers with services and education for efficient water use to help protect this precious natural resource.
Pleasanton is in short water supply due to the current historic drought conditions. We need your help to protect the City's water supply... All water users are required to reduce their water use by at least 25%. Here's how:
- Repair all leaks in and around your home and/or business; these include leaky toilets, faucets, showers, sprinklers, & valves.
- No hose washing of hard-surfaced areas.
- Limit outdoor watering to no more than 2 nonconsecutive days per week.
- Eliminate water run-off by shortening watering time and adding multiple watering cycles.
- Only water landscaping between 6 p.m. and 9 a.m. to reduce water loss from wind and evaporation
- Wash cars, trucks, etc., at car wash facilities that recycle their water.
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, shaving or dishwashing by hand.
- Wash only full loads of laundry and dishes.
- Install water-efficient devices, such as faucet aerators and showerheads.
- Take shorter showers. Reducing your showering time by 5 minutes can save up to 12.5 gallons of water!
Pleasanton Drought Helpful Resources
Application for Drought Surcharge Adjustment: If you received a drought surcharge on your bill and were unable to achieve the required water reduction due to one of the following conditions:
- threat to health,
- fire protection,
- threat to customer/public safety,
- would cause unfair economic hardship,
- specific medical requirements, or
- customer household size,
you can submit an Application for Drought Surcharge Adjustment to request an adjustment on your bill.
Know the Facts
- Download the list of drought FAQs, water use prohibitions, restrictions, and excessive use penalties here.
- Municipal Code Chapter 9.30 Water Conservation Plan
- Want to look up your water use history? Sign up to access your water account information through the Utility Billing Web Portal.
- Need help reducing your water use? Call the Water Conservation Hotline: (925) 931-5504.
Conserving Water: Our Community Cares!
City-wide water use for the month of June is 34% less compared to 2013!
The Pleasanton community is stepping up to the need of conserving our limited water supply! Thank you Pleasanton!
Since City Council's initial water shortage declaration in March, Pleasanton's city water accounts (all City facilities, parks, & sport fields) have managed to save 1,194,000 gallons a day of water from March to July!
That's a water savings of over 56% compared to 2013!