The Water Conservation Division provides customers with services and education for efficient water use to help protect this precious natural resource.
The State of California is facing yet another critically dry year. In 2014, the Pleasanton community achieved an impressive 27.8% reduction in water use compared to 2013! In response to the continuing drought and Governor's executive order mandating water reductions statewide, Pleasanton's 25% mandatory water reduction has been reinstated to protect our water supply. Take the time to review the following water-saving tips to ensure your household or business is water-efficient:
- Repair all leaks in and around your home and/or business; these include leaky toilets, faucets, showers, sprinklers, & valves
- Limit outdoor watering to no more than 2 non-consecutive days per week April through September
- No hose washing of hard-surfaced areas
- Eliminate water run-off by shortening watering time and adding multiple watering cycles
- Only water landscaping after 6 p.m. and before 9 a.m. to reduce water loss from wind and evaporation
- Wash cars, trucks, etc., at car wash facilities that recycle their water
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, shaving or dishwashing by hand
- Wash only full loads of laundry and dishes
- Install water-efficient devices, such as faucet aerators and showerheads
- Take shorter showers. Reducing your showering time by 5 minutes can save up to 12.5 gallons of water!
- Cover your pool when not in use to significantly reduce water loss from evaporation
Know the Facts
- NEW: Expanded Water Conservation Measures
- Municipal Code Chapter 9.30 - City of Pleansanton's Water Shortage Ordinance (updated May 6, 2015)
- Want to look up your water use history? Sign Up to access your water account information through the Utility Billing Web Portal.
- Need help reducing your water use? Call the Water Conservation Hotline: (925) 931-5504.
Pleasanton Drought Helpful Resources
JOIN US FOR OUR UPCOMING WORKSHOP:
WHAT TO DO WITH THAT BROWN LAWN
Saturday, September 12, 2015
10 am - 12 pm
Operations Services Center, 3333 Busch Rd
This workshop will feature:
- Sustainable & beautiful alternatives to "lawnscapes"
- Efficient & easy irrigation system changes
- How to sheet mulch
- Guest presenter: Local Landscape Designer, Kat Weiss
Space is limited. Call to reserve your spot today: 925-931-5504
Surcharge Adjustment Form: You can submit an Application for Drought Surcharge Adjustment if you received a drought surcharge on your bill and were unable to achieve the required water reduction due to one of the following conditions:
- Threat to health
- Fire protection
- Threat to customer/public safety
- Would cause unfair economic hardship
- Specific medical requirements
- Permanent change in customer household size
Conserving Water: Our Community Cares!
In 2014 the Pleasanton community led the State, conserving 1.65 billion gallons of precious drinking water compared to water use in 2013! Pleasanton continues to lead the way - as of June 3rd, the community has saved 32% of our drinking water compared to the same time in 2013! Thank you Pleasanton!