Rental Assistance Programs

Pleasanton Emergency Rental Assistance Program

The COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program (“ERAP”) has the objective of mitigating potential homelessness and displacement of existing Pleasanton residents who are experiencing a decrease in household income due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and thus, unable to pay their rent, by providing a grant to assist eligible tenants pay for delinquent rent.

Applicants may submit an application online at or request an application by phone (925) 208-0660 or by email Please click on the flyer for more details or visit CityServe's website. Eligibility and income limits apply.

Complete Online ERAP Application

Download ERAP Details

Download ERAP Application

Download Spanish ERAP Details

Download Spanish ERAP Application


Alameda County

Emergency Rental Assistance Program

The Alameda County Rental Assistance Program (AC ERAP) is taking applications for Alameda County residents (except Oakland and Berkeley) to receive up to 2 months of rental assistance or up to $3,500 to be used for past due rent. The program is available to low-income renters who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.  Applications are available to be completed and submitted online.  Completed applications will be selected via lottery at the end of the application period on August 11th. 

Applications will be accepted beginning August 4th, 2020 until August 11th, 2020 at 8 PM.

Applicants may find more information and submit an application online at ECHO's website. For questions contact ECHO Housing at 855-275-3246 or Eligibility and income limits apply.



Rental Assistance Program

The primary form of rental assistance throughout the nation is the “Section 8” program. Section 8 is a federally-funded program in which the government pays a portion of the monthly rent for households which meet certain eligibility requirements (e.g., income). Programs that offer direct financial assistance to households for the payment of monthly rental costs are highly competitive in the Bay Area, and the amount of assistance available is limited.

In Pleasanton (and Dublin), the Section 8 program is administered by the Housing Authority of the County of Alameda (HACA) in Hayward. Persons seeking Section 8 assistance for Pleasanton must contact HACA directly (510) 538-8876.

The City of Pleasanton, in collaboration with the City of Livermore and Abode Services provides limited temporary rental assistance through the Tri-Valley Housing Scholarship Program to approved participants in job training programs. Subsidies are provided while the head of household is undergoing job training and are terminated after employment is secured. For information on this program contact Abode Services at (925)373-5313.

ECHO Housing, a Bay Area nonprofit agency, also provides a limited Rental Assistance Program (RAP) which provides assistance with move-in costs or helps residents with delinquent rent due to a temporary financial setback. ECHO helps by arranging a guaranteed repayment contract between the tenant and the landlord. Financial assistance is subject to the availability of funds. Information can be obtained by contacting ECHO Housing at 925-449-7340.