PLEASANTON CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday, November 6, 2018
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance * Remarks by Councilmember Narum * Roll Call
CLOSED SESSION REPORT
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Second reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 2185 amending Pleasanton Municipal Code Section 3.32 and approving modifications to the Purchasing Procedures and Manual to increase monetary limits for bidding public projects consistent with the California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act
2. Approve meeting minutes of October 2, 2018
3. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
4. Pulled from agenda – Approve a memorandum of understanding and license agreements with Pleasanton Unified School District for installation and maintenance of fencing at Mohr and Fairlands Elementary Schools
5. Approve a professional services agreement with M-Group in the amount of $170,000 for contract planning services
6. Approve a use agreement with Pleasanton Downtown Association for City-owned building at 333 Division Street
7. Accept public improvements performed by MCK Services, Inc. for the Annual Street Resurfacing project, CIP No. 17503
8. Move to regular agenda as Item 13 - Adopt a resolution accepting the FY 2017/18 Year-End Operating Budget Report and designating General Fund Reserves
9. Approve third amendment to agreement with Terra Landscape in the amount of $99,000 for weed abatement landscape services throughout the city
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
10. Presentation of Proclamation declaring November 24, 2018 Small Business Saturday
11. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
12. Continued from October 16 – Approve restriping Stoneridge Drive at Arroyo Mocho Bridge to facilitate two lanes in both the Eastbound and Westbound directions
13. Adopt a resolution accepting the FY 2017/18 Year-End Operating Budget Report and designating General Fund Reserves
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for citizens with disabilities to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance at least two working days advanced notice is necessary. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, PO Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027.