City Council Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
City Council Chamber
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
OUTGOING AND INCOMING COMMISSION MEMBERS
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance * Remarks by Councilmember Olson * Roll Call
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve meeting minutes for December 6 and 20, 2016
2. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
3. Approve a third Amendment to the professional services agreement with AECOM for services in the amount not to exceed $39,911, for assistance in preparing alternatives to the drainage swale culvert project as part of the Lions Wayside and Delucchi Parks Master Plan
4. Re-ratify appointments to the Downtown Specific Plan Update Task Force
5. Public Hearing: Adopt a resolution levying the Pleasanton Downtown Business Improvement District Assessment for 2017
6. Approve an interfund loan from the Park and Median Renovation Fund for $127,813.40 to the Bonde Ranch Landscape and Lighting Maintenance District Fund for pruning and removal of the Eucalyptus trees within the Bonde Ranch Landscape and Lighting Maintenance District; award a contract to West Coast Arborists, Inc. for $127,813.40 to prune and remove the Eucalyptus grove in the Bonde Ranch Landscape and Lighting Maintenance District and allocate $127,813.40 from the Park and Median Renovation Fund
7. Accept public improvements performed by Goodland Landscape Construction, Inc., Valley Precision Grading, and Playcraft Direct, Inc. for the Bernal Community Park, Phase II Lighted Sports Fields and the Oak Woodland Open Space Area on the City’s Bernal Property, CIP No. 01745
8. Accept the monthly disbursements and investment report for November 2016
9. Approve a Debt Policy for the City
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
10. Recognition of outgoing Commission members
11. Oath of Office to Incoming Commission members
12. Proclamation proclaiming January as Multicultural Awareness month
13. Mosquito Abatement District Annual Report
14. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
15. Public Hearing: P16-1418, Zoning Code Update – Consider introduction of an ordinance to amend the Pleasanton Municipal Code to: update definitions and simplify the list of permitted and conditionally permitted land uses in Commercial, Office, and Industrial Districts; establish a Minor Conditional Use Permit process; reflect current practices; clarify and streamline review procedures; replace out-of-date references; and undertake other changes to make the code more user-friendly; and adopt a resolution to amend the Master Fee Schedule to add Minor Conditional Use Permit fee
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for disabled citizens to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance please contact the City Clerk at (925) 931-5027 or by email at least two days prior to the meeting.