Tuesday, March 21, 2017
City Council Chamber
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance
* Remarks by Councilmember Olson
* Roll Call
CLOSED SESSION REPORT
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
7. Approve plans and specifications, review bids, and award construction contract to Empire Engineering & Construction, Inc. in the amount of $711,092.50 for the Annual Curb & Gutter Replacement project, CIP No. 16509
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
10. Presentation of a proclamation declaring March 2017 American Red Cross Month
11. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
13. Presentation of the Bernal Property Community Farm Design and use concepts, and approve an agreement with MD Fotheringham, Landscape Architects, Inc. for preparation of a Pleasanton Community Farm Master Plan
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for citizens with disabilities to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance at least two working days advanced notice is necessary. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, PO Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027.