Tuesday, December 19, 2017
City Council Chamber
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance
* Remarks by Councilmember Brown
* Roll Call
CLOSED SESSION REPORT
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of November 7, 2017
2. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
3. PUBLIC HEARING: P17-0904, Stoneridge Properties, LLC (Simon Property Group) - Consider an amendment to the Stoneridge Shopping Center Development Agreement, governing an approximately 362,790-square-foot expansion, for an additional five years
4. PUBLIC HEARING: E17-0604, Peter MacDonald - Consider an application for pre-annexation for sewer and water connections for a new single-family residence located at 622 Happy Valley Road
5. Adopt a resolution approving participation in the Alameda County Operational Area Emergency Management Organization
6. Accept the monthly disbursements and investment report for October 2017
7. Approve the City Purchasing Procedures and Manual
8. Adopt a resolution finding that certain development impact fees subject to AB 1600 and SB 1693 are unexpended after five years and the funds are committed to particular projects
9. Adopt a resolution approving the proposed pay schedule covering temporary classifications
10. Accept public improvements performed by Delta Engineering Sales, LLC. for the Automated Meter Infrastructure Project, CIP No. 13116
11. Authorize sole source contract with Pump Repair Service Co. in the amount of $$167,068.36 for the replacement of well #5
12. Accept public improvements performed by D.H.R. Construction Inc. for the Callippe Preserve Golf Course renovations
13. Approve three year contract for Tyler Technologies, Inc. (Formerly New World) Software Maintenance agreement of Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), Records Management and Mobile Applications
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
14. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
15. Authorize staff and council subcommittee on refuse and recycling to finalize a tentative franchise agreement with Pleasanton Garbage Service for recycling and refuse services and approve a second amendment to the professional services agreement with HF&H Consultants, LLC
16. Presentation and discussion of the City’s unfunded pension liabilities
17. Project status report and discussion of options for the Downtown Specific Plan Update
18. Approve calendar year 2018 City Council Assignments and appointment of the Vice Mayor
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk's Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain city administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure §1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the requires is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meeting
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for citizens with disabilities to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance at least two working days advanced notice is necessary. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, PO Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027.