PLEASANTON CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance * Remarks by Councilmember Olson * Roll Call
CLOSED SESSION REPORT
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve second amendment to professional services agreement in the amount of $110,000 with Jarvis, Fay & Gibson for legal services and payment of Environmental Science Associates Johnson Drive supplemental environmental study
2. Ratify Mayor’s appointments to various commissions and committees
3. Approve meeting minutes of August 21, 2018
4. Actions of the Zoning Administrator
5. Adopt a resolution approving a preannexation and provisions for water and sewerage facilities and service agreement with Arthur Balizan for 6490 Alisal Street
6. Introduce an ordinance and adopt a resolution rescinding Ordinance Nos. 2172 and 2178 and Resolution Nos. 17-976 and 17-977 related to the Johnson Drive Economic Development Zone Supplemental Environmental Impact Report, General Plan Amendment, Planned Unit Development rezoning (PUD-105) and Transportation Fee, to allow for additional environmental review
7. Accept Downtown Pleasanton Business Improvement District Advisory Board 2018 Report and 2019 Budget and adopt a resolution of intent to levy assessment for 2019
8. Accept Public Improvements for Essex I and Essex II, located at 4863 Willow Road and 5789 Gibraltar Drive
9. Accept the Monthly Disbursements and Investment Report for July 2018
10. Approve a loan agreement and promissory note with Valley Business Park Owners Association in the amount of $48,000 for the Valley Business Park Median Upgrade
11. Adopt a resolution approving the proposed pay schedule and amending the Management and Confidential Employee Compensation Plan
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
12. Presentation of a proclamation declaring September 22-28 Elder Fall Prevention Awareness Week
13. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
14. Public Hearing: Consider resolution adopting Capital Facility, Transportation and Affordable Housing Development Impact Fees and amending the Master Fee Schedule
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for citizens with disabilities to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance at least two working days advanced notice is necessary. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, PO Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027.