Tuesday, February 20, 2018
City Council Chamber
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance
* Remarks by Councilmember Pentin
* Roll Call
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of December 5 and 19, 2017
2. Adopt a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a Johnson Drive Economic Development Zone transportation improvement and cost allocation agreement with Costco Wholesale Corporation
3. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
4. Second reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 2174 approving the application of Sunflower Hill for a Planned Unit Development (PUD) Development Plan, to construct an affordable 31-unit multi-family residential community for individuals with special needs, including an approximately 5,000-square foot community building with associated site improvements on a vacant 1.64-acre property to be dedicated to the city generally located at 3780 Stanley Boulevard, as filed under Case PUD-129
5. Approve a cooperative agreement with California Department of Transportation for improvements to the I-680/Sunol Boulevard interchange
6. Approve a service agreement with the Amador Livermore Valley Historical Society for technical support associated with Museum on Main operations and approve an amendment of a five-year extension of the lease agreement for the museum
7. Approve four (4) proposed designs for “Project Paint Box”
8. Approve proposed Kaiser Permanente Mural Project at 7601 Stoneridge Drive
9. Approve the Performer and Artist Services to the Purchasing Procedures and Manual for contract process for entertainers
10. Approve plans and specifications, review bids, and award construction contract to Northern Underground Construction, Inc., in the amount of $850,735 for the Bi-Annual Fire Hydrant Laterals and various Control Valves replacement project, CIP No. 17135
11. Approve plans and specifications, review bids, and award construction contract to FDB Vanguard Construction, Inc., in the amount of $287,246 for the Annual Sidewalk Maintenance - Foothill Road along Stoneridge Mall project, CIP No. 17512
12. Accept monthly disbursements and investment report for December 2017
13. Adopt a resolution of intention and introduce an ordinance to amend the contract between the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) and the City of Pleasanton to provide Section 20516 (Employees’ Sharing of Additional Cost) of an additional 1.5% for Classic CalPERS Local Police members of the City of Pleasanton
14. Approve a three year agreement with New Image Landscape Company for turf grass mowing and edging services at various parks in the amount not to exceed $522,918
15. Introduction of an ordinance to amend Municipal Code Chapter 14.20, Recycled Water Use for landscape irrigation, to include failure to comply section and make other minor amendments, and amend Municipal Code Title 14, Section 14.04.060, Use of Water Service, to define a new potable water waste
16. Authorize a change order for $29,880 with Pump Repair Service to perform weekend work for the replacement of Well 5
17. Authorize payment of retention to Delta Engineering Sales LLC in the amount of $73,919.28 for the completion of the Automated Meter Infrastructure project, CIP No. 13116
18. Public Hearing: Adopt a resolution approving the Citizens’ Options for Public Safety program (COPS) Year 21 appropriation
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
19. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
20. Accept the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and other related audits for the year ending June 30, 2017
21. Presentation of new California Housing Legislation
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for citizens with disabilities to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance at least two working days advanced notice is necessary. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, PO Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027.