City Council Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
City Council Chamber
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance * Remarks by Councilmember Pentin * Roll Call
CLOSED SESSION REPORT
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of January 21, 2019
2. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
3. Second reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 2206 amending Title 11 Vehicles and Traffic, Chapter 11.20 Speed Limits, Section 11.20.010 Speed Limits in Certain Zones, of the Pleasanton Municipal Code changing the speed limit on Stoneridge Drive from 35 MPH to 40 MPH and establishing a 40 MPH speed limit on El Charro Road
4. Second reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 2207 approving Planned Unit Development (PUD) rezoning to rezone the project site from Planned Unit Development-General and Light Industrial (PUD-G&LI) district, Planned Unit DevelopmentIndustrial/Commercial-Office (PUD-I/C-O) District, and General Industrial (I-G-40,000) District to Planned Unit Development – Commercial (PUD-C) District on 40 acres at 7106 through 7315 Johnson Drive and 7035 and 7080 Commerce Circle, known as Johnson Drive Economic Development Zone
5. Adopt a resolution to approve Altamont Settlement Agreement Education Advisory Board Expenditure Plan for Fiscal Year 2020/2021
6. Accept public improvements performed by Vintage Contractors, Inc. for the Basketball Court Resurfacing at Meadowlark and Ken Mercer Sports Parks Project, CIP No. 20744
7. Approve resolutions initiating the formation of replacement Landscape Maintenance Assessment Districts for Windsor Landscape Maintenance District 2020-1 and Bonde Ranch Landscape Maintenance District 2020-2
8. Approve amendments to the City’s Section 115 Pension Trust Fund Policy guidelines
9. Approve amendment to contract with CD & Power to increase the amount from $150,000 to $250,000 per year for the repair and replacement of generators
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
10. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are limited to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may alter time limits.
11. Review and provide direction on key planning considerations, project approach and scope of work for completion of the East Pleasanton Specific Plan
12. Public Hearing Consider introduction of an ordinance to amend Chapter 9.32 and Title 18 of the Municipal Code to: restrict the sale of flavored tobacco and electronic smoking devices; restrict tobacco sales within 1,000 feet public schools, parks and recreation facilities; require tobacco retailer licensing; and address possession of tobacco products by persons under 21
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton can provide special assistance for persons with disabilities to participate in public meetings. To make a request for a disability-related modification or accommodation (e.g., an assistive listening device), please contact the City Clerk's office at 123 Main Street, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027 at the earliest possible time. If you need sign language assistance, please provide at least two working days' notice prior to the meeting date.