PLEASANTON CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance * Remarks by Councilmember Brown * Roll Call
CLOSED SESSION REPORT
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Introduce an ordinance to amend Pleasanton Municipal Code Section 3.32 and approve modifications to the Purchasing Procedures and Manual to increase monetary limits for bidding public projects consistent with the California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act
2. Approve meeting minutes of September 18, 2018
3. Adopt resolution declaring a shelter crisis pursuant to California Government Code §8698 et seq., and authorizing participation in the Homeless Emergency Aid Program (HEAP) and SB 850
4. Approve restriping Stoneridge Drive at Arroyo Mocho Bridge to facilitate two lanes in both the Eastbound and Westbound directions
5. Public Hearing: Adopt a resolution levying the Downtown Pleasanton Business Improvement District Assessment for 2019
6. Approve agreement with New Image Landscape in the amount of $324,408 for Street Median Mulching Replenishment throughout the city
7. Approve second amendment to agreement with Terra Landscape for Miscellaneous Landscape Services for landscape maintenance at various street medians, and facilities throughout the city
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
8. Presentation of a proclamation declaring October as National Bullying Prevention Month and October 24 as Unity Day
9. Business Anniversary Recognition
10. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
11. Presentation by Tri-Valley – San Joaquin Regional Rail Authority on the Valley Link project and consider adoption of a resolution supporting a Multiple Unit system
12. Presentation by Zone 7 Water Agency on Water Supply Study Update and proposed Wholesale Water Rates
13. Continued at the request of Appellant Rabbi Raleigh Resnick - Public Hearing: Consider appeals of Michael and Darlene Miller and Chabad of the Tri-Valley of the Planning Commissions’ approval of a conditional use permit and design review for the operation of a religious institution with a childcare facility/preschool and for site modifications including a playground and terrace for outdoor activities for Chabad of the Tri-Valley located at 3370 Hopyard Road
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for citizens with disabilities to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance at least two working days advanced notice is necessary. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, PO Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027.