PLEASANTON CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance * Remarks by Councilmember Olson * Roll Call
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve meeting minutes of May 15, 2018
2. Adopt a resolution calling a General Municipal Election to be held Tuesday, November 6, 2018; a resolution requesting consolidation with the Statewide General Election; and a resolution pertaining to the submission of candidates statements
3. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
4. Adopt a resolution accepting the list of general priority areas for future acquisition and determining the expenditure of Altamont Open Space Funds for services related to strategic planning and conservation evaluation is consistent with the Altamont Landfill Settlement Agreement
5. Public Hearing: Adopt resolutions approving 2018/19 annual assessments for Landscape Maintenance Districts 1984-1 Ponderosa-Del Prado, 1993-1 Windsor, 1993-2 Bonde Ranch, 1994-1 Oak Tree Farm, and 1995-1 Moller Ranch
6. Approve contracts for on-call general architectural services with the firms of Interactive Resources, Inc., Dahlin Group, Inc. and Perkins Eastman Architects, DPC
7. Approve contracts for on-call geotechnical engineering and material testing professional services with the firms of ENGEO, Inc., Geocon Consultants, Inc. and BSK Associates
8. Approve contracts for on-call surveying and computer drafting professional services with the firms Ruggeri-Jensen-Azar, Kier & Wright Civil Engineers and Land Surveyors, Inc. and Alexander & Associates, Inc.
9. Approve the final map, improvement plans, and subdivision agreement for Tract 8245 located at 3988 First Street, 3878 Stanley Boulevard and 3780 Stanley Boulevard
10. Accept the off-site public sanitary sewer and water main improvements for Tract 8317 (Rose Avenue Estates) located at 1851 Rose Avenue
11. Accept public improvements for Parcel Map 10248 located at 88 Silver Oaks Court
12. Accept Public Improvements for Tract 7660 (Three Oaks) located at 1944 Vineyard Avenue
13. Adopt a resolution adopting the Fiscal Year 2018/19 Appropriations Limit
14. Approve Fiscal Year 2018/19 recurring purchase order agreements
15. Adopt a resolution approving the Investment Policy and Guidelines of the City of Pleasanton
16. Approve third amendment to the Emergency Medical Services First Responder Advanced Life Support Services Agreement (FRALS) between the City and the County of Alameda
17. Approve first amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Pleasanton and the Pleasanton Unified School District related to library cards
18. Approve a lease purchase agreement with US Bancorp for golf course maintenance equipment
19. Approve agreement with PSC Industrial Outsourcing, LP, for routine hazardous waste hauling and emergency response services
20. Approve amendment to the term of “As-Needed” contracts for various outsourced services related to facility repairs, street light maintenance, utility maintenance and equipment repairs
21. Approve sole source contract with Infosend, Inc. for Utility Billing mailing and printing services
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
22. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are limited to three minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
23. Public Hearing: Consider a resolution to approve rates for solid waste, recyclable materials and organic materials collection
24. Review and consideration of the City of Pleasanton Legislative Framework and participation in the Coalition to End Homelessness
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for citizens with disabilities to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance at least two working days advanced notice is necessary. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, PO Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027.