City Council Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
City Council Chamber
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
COMMISSION RECEPTION - 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance * Roll Call * Remarks by Councilmember Testa
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve meeting minutes of September 17, 2019
2. Actions of the Zoning Administrator
3. Second reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 2197 amending Title 20 and relevant sections of the Pleasanton Municipal Code concerning the adoption of the 2019 Edition of the California Code of Regulations Title 24, including by reference the 2018 International Building, Existing Building, Residential, Fire, Property Maintenance, and Swimming Pool and Spa Codes; 2018 Uniform Plumbing and Mechanical Codes; 2017 National Electrical Code; 2019 California Green Building Standards Code
4. Second reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 2199 approving the application of Saravana Chilla for a Planned Unit Development (PUD) development plan to demolish an existing home and construct three detached single-family homes and related improvements located at 3987 Stanley Boulevard, and approval of a growth management agreement, as filed under Case PUD-133
5. Adopt a resolution determining the additional expenditure of $30,753 of Altamont Open Space funds for services related to strategic planning and conservation evaluation is consistent with the Altamont Landfill Settlement Agreement
6. Receive report regarding expedited speed lump projects on Touriga Drive and Concord Street
7. Accept Downtown Pleasanton Business Improvement District Advisory Board 2019 Report and 2020 Budget and adopt a resolution of Intent to Levy Assessment for 2020
8. Approve first amendment to the agreement with Preservation Arts in the amount of $62,330 for art conservation services
9. Second reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 2198 authorizing implementation of a Community Choice Aggregation Program
10. Approve first amendment to the agreement with Ella Construction in the amount of $500,000 for city renovation projects for FY 2019-20
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
11. Recognition of outgoing Commission and Committee Members
12. New Commission and Committee Members Oaths of Office
13. Business Anniversary Presentation
14. Presentation by The Sean Brock Foundation
15. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
16. Public Hearing: Consider adoption of a resolution approving a Negative Declaration and introduction of an ordinance approving the application of Brad Hirst for a Planned Unit Development (PUD) rezoning and development plan and Conditional Use Permit to: (1) demolish the existing auto service building, Shell station canopy and 7-Eleven store; (2) construct an approximately 1,290-square-foot carwash building, an approximately 3,034-square-foot 7 Eleven convenience store, an approximately 3,311 square-foot Shell service station canopy, and related site improvements; and (3) operate a self-service fuel station with a drive-through carwash and a 7-Eleven convenience store with the sales of alcoholic beverages at 3760 and 3790 Hopyard Road, as filed under Case PUD-134
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton can provide special assistance for persons with disabilities to participate in public meetings. To make a request for a disability-related modification or accommodation (e.g., an assistive listening device), please contact the City Clerk's office at 123 Main Street, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027 at the earliest possible time. If you need sign language assistance, please provide at least two working days' notice prior to the meeting date.