City Council Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, December 17, 2019
City Council Chamber
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance
* Remarks by Councilmember Testa
* Roll Call
CLOSED SESSION REPORT
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve meeting minutes of November 19, 2019
5. Approve an amendment to agreement with Jeff Katz Architecture in the amount of $42,000 for additional construction support services required for the Pleasanton Library Staff Office and Storage Area Remodel Project, CIP No. 17750
8. Adopt a resolution declaring that the costs for weed abatement including administrative costs, legal fees and costs, are a special assessment and impose a lien on vacant property off Fondry Court near Foothill Road, APN 946-4585-026-00 owned by Nicholas L. Jones
10. Continued from December 3, 2019 - Introduction of an ordinance to amend Municipal Code §§2.28.030, 2.32.030, 2.34.030 and 2.39.030 to allow voting by youth members of the Human Services, Parks and Recreation, Library and Civic Arts Commissions as recommended by the Youth Commission
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
12. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
13. Continued from November 19, 2019 – Public Hearing: Introduction of an ordinance to approve the application of Abbas Mash to demolish existing approximately 3,510-square-foot restaurant building; rezone the subject parcel from C-F (Freeway Commercial) District to PUD-C (Planned Unit Development – Commercial) District; and construct an approximately 10,980-square-foot, single-story, multi-tenant commercial building and related site improvements at 6455 Owens Drive
14. Public Hearing: Introduce an ordinance to add a new Section 18.140.030 Fines and Restrictions on Future Development for Illegal Historic Building Demolition to the Municipal Code; and adopt a resolution to modify the Purchasing Procedures and Manual to allow for contract cancellations when businesses violate the Municipal Code
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton can provide special assistance for persons with disabilities to participate in public meetings. To make a request for a disability-related modification or accommodation (e.g., an assistive listening device), please contact the City Clerk's office at 123 Main Street, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027 at the earliest possible time. If you need sign language assistance, please provide at least two working days' notice prior to the meeting date.