PLEASANTON CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance * Remarks by Councilmember Pentin * Roll Call
CLOSED SESSION REPORT
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of June 5, 2018
2. Approve voting delegates for the 2018 League of California Cities Annual Conference
3. Approve agreements with Hello Housing and ECHO Housing for First Time Homebuyer Program Administration Services
4. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
5. Adopt a resolution approving a preannexation and sanitary sewer connection agreement with Arthur Balizan for the property located at 6409 Alisal Street
6. Approve the funding agreements with the Metropolitan Transportation Commission related to the Innovative Deployments to Enhance Arterials Grant
7. Continued to August 21, 2018 - Public Hearing: Adopt a resolution adopting the 2017 Tri-Valley Hazard Mitigation Plan
8. Accept public improvements performed by FBD Vanguard Construction, Inc. for the Annual Sidewalk Maintenance, Foothill Road Along Stoneridge Mall, CIP No. 17512
9. Approve first amendment to agreement with Tree Landscape Sculpture Group, Inc. in the amount of $148,207.84 for landscape maintenance services for Landscape Maintenance Districts
10. Accept monthly disbursements and investment report for May 2018
11. Approve an agreement with Ray Morgan Company in the amount of $65,000 to provide managed print services
Library and Recreation
12. Approve the second amendment to the agreement with Bay Area Children’s Theatre in the amount of $124,749 for children’s theatrical production services
13. Accept the Friends of the Pleasanton Library recommendation and appoint Fern Skowlund to the Library Commission
14. Approve amendment to three year contract for Tyler Technologies, Inc. software maintenance and support agreement of computer aided dispatch, records management and mobile applications
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
15. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
16. Public Hearing: Consider adoption of an urgency ordinance prohibiting the issuance of specified approvals and permits for new or expanding massage establishments within the Downtown Specific Plan area
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for citizens with disabilities to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance at least two working days advanced notice is necessary. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, PO Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027.