PLEASANTON CITY COUNCIL
March 19, 2019
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER * Pledge of Allegiance * Remarks by Councilmember Brown * Roll Call
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve meeting minutes of February 19, 2019
2. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
3. Adopt a resolution to approve Altamont Settlement Agreement Education Advisory Board Expenditure Plan for Fiscal Year 2019-2020
4. Public Hearing: Consider applications for the following at 4363 and 4377 First Street: (1) General Plan Amendment to change the land use designation from Retail/Highway/Service Commercial; Business and Professional Offices to Community Facilities – Public and Institutional; (2) Downtown Specific Plan Amendment to change the land use designation from Downtown Commercial to Public; and (3) Rezoning from Central Commercial, Downtown Revitalization, Core Area Overlay District to Public and Institutional, Downtown Revitalization, Core Area Overlay District
5. Approve second amendment to an agreement with Dyett and Bhatia for $81,840, for services related to preparation of the Downtown Specific Plan Update
6. Approve agreement with Carollo Engineers not to exceed $349,760 for professional assistance with the City’s Bi-Annual Water Quality Improvements Project CIP No. 17100
7. Accept public improvements performed by Ponderosa Homes II, Inc. for Tract 8257 located at 3430, 3440, and 3450 Cornerstone Court
8. Approve the transfer of $28,600 from the current Annual Slurry Seal Project, CIP No. 18404, and $13,630 from City Parking Lots - Resurfacing Project, CIP No. 17424 to the previous Annual Slurry Seal Project, CIP No. 16504
9. Approve allocation of $220,000 from Fund 518 to the Recycled Water Infrastructure Expansion Phase 1A - Ken Mercer Sports Park Booster Station Project, CIP No. 14126, and authorize the Director of Engineering to approve and execute change orders to the contract with GSE Construction Company, Inc., not to exceed $220,000 to install seven debris strainers in the recycled water park irrigation system piping
10. Accept the Single Audit report for fiscal year ending June 30, 2018
11. Adopt a resolution declaring weeds, dirt, rubbish, and refuse upon or in front of certain described properties within the city constitute public nuisances and that they be abated, and set a public hearing regarding the abatement
12. Approve agreement for umpire services with Mission Valley Sports Officials, Inc. in the amount of $227,500
13. Approve agreement with Vista Universal not to exceed $440,000 for city-wide street, pathway, and parking lot lights maintenance
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
14. Presentation of a proclamation declaring March 2019 American Red Cross Month
15. Presentation of a proclamation declaring March 2019 Meals on Wheels Month
16. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
17. Introduction of proposed Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Pleasanton and the Pleasanton City Employees Association/AFSCME Local 955 with term ending March 31, 2022
18. Consider approval of an agreement providing for stabilization of mobile home space rents with Pleasanton Hacienda 1, LP
19. Consider adoption of the City Council 2019/2020 Work Plan
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton can provide special assistance for persons with disabilities to participate in public meetings. To make a request for a disability-related modification or accommodation (e.g., an assistive listening device), please contact the City Clerk's office at 123 Main Street, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027 at the earliest possible time. If you need sign language assistance, please provide at least two working days' notice prior to the meeting date.