Tuesday, October 17, 2017
City Council Chamber
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance * Remarks by Councilmember Narum * Roll Call
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve meeting minutes of September 18 and September 19, 2017
2. Adopt a resolution approving and authorizing the City Manager to execute all documents and take all steps related to the loan of $2,825,360 of Lower Income Housing Funds and Pleasanton Gardens Reserve for Kottinger Gardens Phase II
3. Approve a lease agreement with Xerox Corporation for the lease of two production copiers and associated processers
4. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
5. Adopt a resolution authorizing the use of Alameda County Altamont Landfill Open Space funds to purchase the Glenn property (10 Tehan Canyon Road) by the East Bay Regional Park District
6. Adopt a resolution amending the 2017-18 budget to incorporate a list of projects funded by Senate Bill 1, the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017
7. Accept the monthly disbursement and investment report for August 2017
8. Adopt a resolution approving an MOU between City of Pleasanton and the Pleasanton Police Officers’ Association (PPOA) for a term ending May 31, 2020
9. Adopt a resolution approving the proposed pay schedule and amending the Management and Confidential Employee Compensation Plan
10. Waive second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 2170 amending Pleasanton Municipal Code Section 2.34.080 of Chapter 2.34 of Title 2 relating to meetings of the Library Commission
11. Introduce an ordinance to amend Municipal Code Chapters 14.04 and 14.08 to add the water submeter requirement for multiunit structures as required by Senate Bill 7
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
12. Presentation of a commendation celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Gingerbread Preschool
13. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
14. Review 2017 Community Survey results
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk's Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain city administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure §1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the requires is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meeting
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for citizens with disabilities to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance at least two working days advanced notice is necessary. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, PO Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027.