Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - 5:30 p.m.
City Manager’s Conference Room - 123 Main Street, Pleasanton, CA 94566
Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - 7:00 p.m.
Zoom and Operations Services Center
Remillard Conference Room - 3333 Busch Road. Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Remarks by Councilmember Balch
• Roll Call
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve meeting minutes of August 15, August 24, and August 29, 2023
2. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
3. Public Hearing - Adopt a resolution readopting the 2023-2031 (6th Cycle) Housing Element as certified by the California Department of Housing and Community Development
4. Approve a second amendment to the professional services agreement with First Carbon Solutions, extending the term and augmenting the scope and compensation by $84,578 for additional required environmental review, for a revised not-to-exceed total contract amount of $346,594 and approve a new reimbursement agreement with Ponderosa for these services in a commensurate amount, related to the proposal of 30 single-family detached homes, associated improvements, and land dedication on the Lester and Ponderosa Properties
5. Approve the funding agreement with the Tri-Valley Transportation Council related to accepting Tri-Valley Transportation Development funds in the amount of $2,650,000 and amend the professional services agreement with AECOM Technical Services adding additional services for the next phase of design in the amount of $4,340,332 for a new total contract amount not to exceed $6,062,156 for the Sunol Interchange Improvement Project, (CIP No. 15551)
6. Public Hearing - Introduce and waive first reading of an ordinance approving an application to establish development standards for an existing single-family residence located at 2207 Martin Avenue (PUD-148)
7. Accept the Monthly Disbursements and Investment Report for July 2023
8. Approve the fourth amendment to agreement for as-needed electrical services with Harvey Electric by increasing the not-to-exceed amount by $400,000 for fiscal year 2023/24 for a total cumulative not-to-exceed amount of $1,500,000 over a five-year term
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
9. Presentation of a commendation to the Bernardi Family for winning the National Bocce Championship
10. Presentation of a Proclamation declaring September 17-23 as Constitution Week
11. Public Comment regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are limited to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to ensure completion of the following items, the Mayor may alter time limits.
12. Introduction of proposed Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Pleasanton and the Pleasanton Police Officers’ Association for a three-year term ending May 31, 2026
13. Public Hearing - Adopt resolutions to amend the Master Fee Schedule for water and sewer rates effective November 1, 2023, and January 1, 2024 for sewer and water rates, respectively
14. Receive update on Water Supply Alternatives study and preliminary results indicating two new wells as the preferred water supply alternative project
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda and items received by the City Clerk’s Office by 12:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting provided to a majority of the
City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection on the City’s website
https://www.cityofpleasantonca.gov/ and also at the Pleasanton Library located at 400 Old Bernal Ave., Pleasanton, CA 94566. firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meeting
The City of Pleasanton can provide special assistance for persons with disabilities to participate in public meetings. To make a request for a disability-related modification or accommodation, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at email@example.com or (925) 931-5027 at the earliest possible time. If you need sign language assistance, please provide at least two working days’ notice prior to the meeting date.