City Council Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
City Council Chamber
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance * Remarks by Councilmember Brown * Roll Call
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of December 3 and 17, 2019
2. Approve amendment to agreement with Moore, Iacofano and Goltsman, Inc. for $69,289 for additional design, survey, and landscape architectural services for the Lions Wayside and Delucchi Parks Master Plan update
3. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
4. Second reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 2203 approving the application of Abbas Mash to demolish the existing approximately 3,510-square-foot restaurant building; rezone the subject parcel from C-F (Freeway Commercial) District to PUD-C (Planned Unit Development – Commercial) District; and construct an approximately 10,980-square-foot, single-story, multi-tenant commercial building and related site improvements at 6455 Owens Drive
5. Second reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 2204 adding Municipal Code Section 18.140.030 Fines and Restrictions of Future Development for Illegal Historic Building Demolition to the Pleasanton Municipal Code
6. Approve agreement with Lehr Auto Electric in the amount of $466,089 for the Automatic License Plate Reader System, CIP No. 18547
7. Approve agreement with Park Planet in the amount of $275,149 to renovate two playgrounds at Orloff Neighborhood Park
8. Approve second amendment to agreement with Jeff Katz Architecture for the Fire Station No. 3 Replacement Project, CIP No. 17423 in the amount of $33,500 to prepare plans and specifications for a temporary fire station to be located on the southeast corner of Stoneridge Drive and Rheem Drive
9. Accept public improvements performed by Summerhill Las Positas, LLC for Tract 8246 (Andares) located at 5850 W. Las Positas Boulevard
10. Accept public improvements performed by Workday for a six-story office building located at 6110 Stoneridge Mall Road
11. Accept public improvements performed by Suarez & Munoz Construction, Inc. for the Pioneer Cemetery Entry and Wayfinding Improvements, CIP No. 18750
12. Accept public improvements performed by KN St. John, LP for Tract 8326 located at 536 and 550 St. John St.
13. Accept public improvements performed by Fireside Investors, LLC for PM 10529, located at 377 St. Marys Street
14. Accept monthly disbursements and investment report for November 2019
Library and Recreation
15. Approve fifth amendment to agreement with Monte Vista Memorial Investment Group in the amount of $184,580 for grounds maintenance and burials at the Pleasanton Pioneer Cemetery
16. Second reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 2202 allowing voting by the youth members of the Human Services, Parks and Recreation, Library and Civic Arts Commissions by amending Municipal Code Sections 2.28.030, 2.32.030, 2.34.030 and 2.39.030 **Pentin voted no on introduction**
17. Accept and approve the location of Public Artwork, Eventide at Alviso Adobe Community Park
18. Approve agreement with West Yost Associates in the amount of $241,661 to perform a risk and resilence assessment and revise the emergency response plan per the requirements of America’s Water Infrastructure Act of 2018
19. Approve amendment to agreement with WRA, Inc. for an additional $103,700 for routine stream and pond maintenance activities
20. Approve amendment to agreement with Tyler Technologies for an electronic documentation system for citations and data collection in an amount not to exceed $44,000
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
21. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are limited to three minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following, the Mayor may alter speaker time limits.
22. Review and discuss January 2020 amendments to Senate Bill 50 (Weiner)
23. Consider approval of modifications to the City’s Down Payment Assistance Program to increase the maximum loan amount, restructure the loan terms, and adopt a shared appreciation loan policy for repayment
24. Consider introduction of an ordinance to amend Municipal Code Chapter 3.28 to add a local preference for Pleasanton-based businesses when tie bids are submitted, and provide a bid calculation preference of five percent up to $5,000 per transaction for supplies, equipment and trade services; and adopt a resolution with related changes to the Purchasing Procedures and Manual
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton can provide special assistance for persons with disabilities to participate in public meetings. To make a request for a disability-related modification or accommodation (e.g., an assistive listening device), please contact the City Clerk's office at 123 Main Street, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027 at the earliest possible time. If you need sign language assistance, please provide at least two working days' notice prior to the meeting date.