Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 6:00 p.m.
Governor Newsom proclaimed a State of Emergency due to COVID-19 and issued Executive Order N-25-20 suspending provisions of the Brown Act allowing meetings via teleconferencing and members of the public to observe and offer comments telephonically or electronically.
• If you wish to speak on an item listed on this agenda or under public comment, please submit a speaker card here or at https://forms.cityofpleasantonca.gov/f/SpeakerCard by 5:00 p.m. the day of the meeting.
• Join the meeting using this URL https://cityofpleasanton.zoom.us/j/91294937422
• To join by phone dial +1 (669) 900-6833 or +1 (253) 215-8782. When prompted: Enter Webinar ID 91294937422
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes
4. Discussion regarding the Student Resource Officer Program and Draft Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Pleasanton and Pleasanton Unified School District (City/PUSD)
6. Update regarding City and School District Growth Projections (City/PUSD)
7. COVID-19 Response and Recovery Update (City/PUSD) - verbal report
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection by emailing the City Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meeting
The City of Pleasanton can provide special assistance for persons with disabilities to participate in public meetings. To make a request for a disability-related modification or accommodation (e.g., an assistive listening device), please contact the City Clerk’s Office at email@example.com or (925) 931-5027 at the earliest possible time. If you need sign language assistance, please provide at least two working days’ notice prior to the meeting date.