City Council Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
City Council Chamber
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance * Remarks by Councilmember Pentin * Roll Call
CLOSED SESSION REPORT
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
2. Second reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 2157 approving the application of Irby Ranch LLC, for Planned Unit Development (PUD) rezoning and development plan approval, as filed under Case PUD-110 and P15-0246
3. Second reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 2158 approving the Development Agreement between the City of Pleasanton and Irby Ranch LLC., as filed under Case PUD-110 and P15-0246
4. Public Hearing: P16-1418, Zoning Code Update – Consider re-introduction of Ordinance No. 2155 to amend the Pleasanton Municipal Code to: Update definitions and simplify the list of permitted and conditionally permitted land uses in Commercial, Office, and Industrial Districts; establish a Minor Conditional Use Permit process; reflect current practices; clarify and streamline review procedures; replace out-of-date references; and undertake other changes to make the code more user-friendly
5. Approve plans and specifications for Callippe Preserve Golf Course Bunker Renovations and award contract to D.H.R. Construction, in the amount not to exceed $140,000.00
6. Approve 2017 Special Event Street closures
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
7. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
8. Presentation of a report detailing infrastructure improvements necessary and cost to extend water and sewer utilities into the unincorporated Happy Valley area
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for disabled citizens to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance please contact the City Clerk at (925) 931-5027 or by email at least two days prior to the meeting.