Tuesday, August 4, 2020
On March 3, 2020 Governor Newsom proclaimed a State of Emergency due to COVID-19 and subsequently issued Executive Order N-25-20 suspending provisions of the Brown Act allowing meetings via teleconferencing and members of the public to observe and offer comments telephonically or electronically.
* Join the Zoom meeting at https://cityofpleasanton.zoom.us/j/99612550515
* To join by phone dial: 1 (669) 900-6833 - Webinar ID: 996 1255 0515If you wish to speak on an item listed on this agenda, please complete and submit a speaker card here or at https://forms.cityofpleasantonca.gov/f/SpeakerCard by 7:00 p.m. the day of the meeting, August 4, 2020.
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance
* Remarks by Councilmember Narum
* Roll Call
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
2. Adopt a resolution authorizing continued participation in the Alameda County HOME Consortium for and execution of documents to maintain eligibility of the consortium for HOME Program Funds in accordance with the National Affordable Housing Act of 1990
5. Second reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 2208 amending Municipal Code Chapter 9.32 and Title 18 to restrict the sale of flavored tobacco products, electronic smoking devices and related paraphernalia citywide; limit new tobacco sales within 1,000 feet of public schools, parks and recreation facilities; adopt minimum package sizes and pricing for tobacco products
7. Approve plans and specifications, review bids, and award a construction contract to Suarez & Munoz Construction, Inc. in the amount of $598,000 for the Pioneer Cemetery South Hill Improvements Project, CIP No. 21765
8. Approve plans and specifications, review bids, and award a construction contract to Marshall Brothers Enterprises, Inc. in the amount of $220,734 for the Santa Rita Road (Valley to Mohr) Median Landscape Improvements Project, CIP No. 20736
10. Approve agreements with Dudek for environmental services in the amount of $45,810 and with Action Sports Construction in the amount of $49,000 for design and construction services for the downhill-only mountain bike trail at Augustine Bernal Park, CIP No. 20771
14. Approve amendment to Subdivision Improvement Agreement for Tract 8259 with Ponderosa Homes II, Inc. to reimburse them the not-to-exceed amount of $293,595 for additional work on Valley Trails Drive and several adjacent courts
15. Approve plans and specifications, review bids, and award a construction contract to Mar Con Builders, Inc. in the amount of $6,988,000 for the Livermore Pleasanton Fire Department Fire Station No. 3 Project, CIP No. 17423, and approve third amendment to the agreement with Jeff Katz Architecture in the amount of $187,000 for construction support services for said project
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
22. Public Comment on matters not listed on the agenda – Speakers are limited to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to ensure completion of the following items, the Mayor may alter time limits.
24. Approve amendment to agreement with HMH Engineers in the amount of $231,200 to complete the design and prepare biddable construction documents from the 35 percent design for a second westbound left-turn lane on Bernal Avenue at First Street and Sunol Boulevard, CIP No. 17556
25. Review and consider the City’s legislative framework with the 2020 focus areas and establish the City’s legislative positions on selected housing related bills and request City staff to monitor remaining legislation throughout the 2020 legislative cycle to determine whether the City Council should take a formal position
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
Posted: July 30, 2020
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection by emailing the City Clerk’ Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meeting
The City of Pleasanton can provide special assistance for persons with disabilities to participate in public meetings. To make a request for a disability-related modification or accommodation (e.g., an assistive listening device), please contact the City Clerk’s Office at email@example.com or (925) 931-5027 at the earliest possible time. If you need sign language assistance, please provide at least two working days’ notice prior to the meeting date.