Tuesday, June 2, 2020
On March 3, 2020 Governor Newsom proclaimed a State of Emergency due to COVID-19 and subsequently issued Executive Orders N-25-20, N-29-20, and N-33-20, suspending provisions of the Brown Act allowing meetings via teleconferencing and members of the public to observe and offer comments telephonically or electronically. This meeting can be seen on Channel 29 and online at https://www.tri-valleytv.org or https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCityofPleasanton.
6:00 p.m. CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING - CLOSED SESSION
If you wish to speak on an item listed on this agenda, please complete and submit a speaker card here or https://forms.cityofpleasantonca.gov/f/hhvnX6 by 5:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting, June 2, 2020.
7:00 p.m. CITY COUNCIL REGULAR AGENDA
If you wish to speak on an item listed on this agenda, please complete and submit a speaker card here or https://forms.cityofpleasantonca.gov/f/hhvnX6 by 6:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting, June 2, 2020.
CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
Remarks by Councilmember Brown
CLOSED SESSSION REPORT
4. Adopt a resolution authorizing an application with the Metropolitan Transportation Commission for allocation of Transportation Development Act (TDA) Article 3 funds for Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvements at various locations
6. Adopt a resolution authorizing the submittal of an application for, and receipt of, Local Early Action Planning (LEAP) grant funds from the State of California, Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD)
8. PUBLIC HEARING: Adopt a resolution to approve the 2020 Weed Abatement Program and authorizing the abatement of weeds, rubbish, dirt, or refuse upon or in front of certain described properties within the City of Pleasanton
15. Approve five-year contract with Axon Enterprise, Inc. in the amount of $1,362,700 for a comprehensive service package for body worn cameras, conducted energy devices and electronic evidence storage Continued from May 19, 2020
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
16. Presentation of a Proclamation declaring June as LGBTQ Pride Month
17. Public Comment from the public regarding items not listed on the agenda
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
18. Consider introduction of an ordinance to amend Pleasanton Municipal Code Chapter 9.32 to add a Tobacco Retailer Permit requirement and referrals to counseling for persons under age 21 in possession of tobacco products; and provide policy direction on other tobacco sales restrictions
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
Posted: May 28, 2020
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection by emailing the City Clerk’ Office at email@example.com.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meeting
The City of Pleasanton can provide special assistance for persons with disabilities to participate in public meetings. To make a request for a disability-related modification or accommodation (e.g., an assistive listening device), please contact the City Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 931-5027 at the earliest possible time. If you need sign language assistance, please provide at least two working days’ notice prior to the meeting date.