NOTICE OF A JOINT SPECIAL MEETING
PLEASANTON CITY COUNCIL
PLEASANTON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Monday, April 23, 2018
PUSD Board Room – School District Office
4665 Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to section 54954 of the California Government Code, that a special meeting is called.
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Public Comment from the audience regarding items listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit
comments to three minutes
4. Overview and Summary of 2018 Youth in Government Day (City/PUSD)
5. Presentation of Fall 2017/18 Demographer’s Report (PUSD)
6. City Development Projects Update (City)
7. Presentation of 2017 State Housing and Pending Legislation (City)
8. Co-location of Maintenance Facilities Assessment Project (City/PUSD)
9. Measure I1 School Bond and Facility Master Plan Update (PUSD)
10. Fiscal Year 2017/18 Budget Updates
(a) City of Pleasanton
(b) Pleasanton Unified School District
Under Government Code §54957.5, any writings/documents regarding an open session item on this agenda provided to a majority of the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton.
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for citizens with disabilities to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance at least two working days advanced notice is necessary. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, PO Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027.