The Traffic Engineering Division strives to increase the efficiency and safety of the City’s transportation network. This division of the Community Development Department is responsible for:
- Planning and operating the roadways, sidewalks, and bikeways in the City to provide for the safe and efficient movement of people, goods and services within Pleasanton.
- Evaluating development proposals to determine their impacts to traffic flow and ascertain necessary mitigation.
- Balancing the needs of the different modes of transportation: walking, biking, and driving.
- Has installed a sophisticated communications network that links most of the traffic signals, traffic cameras, and detectors to the Traffic Operations Center.
- Responds to common requests involving safety, speed, traffic signals, signs and markings, as well as school and neighborhood traffic conditions.
Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan Update - A final draft of the Master Plan is near completion and will be circulated to various committees and commissions prior to bringing the Master Plan to the City Council in June 2017.
Owens Drive FAQs - April 21, 2017