Due to the State and Alameda County Health Department shelter in place order, we will have limited services until May 31, 2020. If you have a Code Enforcement question or issue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience during this time.
The Code Enforcement Division of the Community Development Department enforces the Pleasanton Municipal Code as it applies to property maintenance, property nuisances and other problems in residential and commercial zoning districts.
- The Code Enforcement Division works closely with all City departments in order to resolve health, safety, and public nuisance problems that adversely affect the citizens of Pleasanton.
- This unit focuses on public education as the best way to gain voluntary compliance with the Pleasanton Municipal Code and steers abatement measures through coordinated and cooperative measures, rather than through disjointed singular efforts.
- More than 90 percent of all reported problems are resolved on the initial contact by Code Enforcement Officers.
- In rare circumstances, administrative penalties are assessed to those who fail to comply with the municipal code.
Various issues handled by the Code Enforcement Division typically include:
- Visible garbage and trash
- Overgrown weeds and vegetation
- Junk and other debris visible from a public street
- Vehicles parked on lawns or dirt
- Illegal auto repairs/dismantling
- Unsightly buildings in disrepair
- Boats, campers, and trailers stored in front yards (motorhomes are allowed)
- Fences and structures in violation of City code
- Work conducted without Building permits
- Work conducted without Design Review approval
- Piles of dirt, rock, etc., dumped on the public street
- Basketball standards placed on public sidewalks
- Businesses which disrupt neighboring properties
- Preventing early morning construction noise before 8:00 a.m.
- Illegal signs, including real estate signs and garage sale signs placed on public property
Have a Code Enforcement issue or question? Contact Mark Dennis at (925) 931-5620