*** Permit Center is open Monday - Friday: 9a.m. to 4p.m.
effective January 11, 2022 ***
The City of Pleasanton Building & Safety Division provides plan review and field inspections of all structures to ensure safe, healthy, accessible and sustainable buildings that comply with local and state laws; enforces the City's Municipal Code, current building codes, state mandated energy conservation, disabled access and housing laws; and serves as a resource for homeowners, businesses, contractors and designers.
Plan Review Team:
- Electronic plan review services for new commercial and residential buildings, additions, alterations and repairs to assure that proposed construction work meets minimum life safety, accessibility, sustainability, and structural safety requirements of the codes. To apply for a permit, please visit our UPDATED Electronic Building Plan Check Submittal page for more information and to submit. Please allow 5 business days for processing and for staff to contact you regarding your submittal. No paper submittals will be accepted.
- Over the Counter Plan Review on Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays by appointment between 8:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Call (925) 931-5300 to schedule an appointment and verify if a project sill qualify.
- Other services include same day over-the-counter permits (currently not available due to Covid-19) for bathroom or kitchen like-for-like remodels, re-roof, etc. Visit the Building Permits page for more information.
Building Inspection Team:
- Inspection services for building construction to ensure compliance with approved plans, and local and state building code laws.
- Inspection services available for new residential, commercial and industrial buildings, as well as building additions, remodels, and changes in use.
- Schedule inspections online, text or phone. Please visit PleasantonPermits.com, or through SelecTXT by sending a text message to (844) 670-9753 from your smartphone, or by calling our Voice Permits System at (925) 931-5322, ext. 1. Inspections may also be conducted through a video session on your smart phone or tablet at the job site.
- Inspectors are available for calls at (925) 931-5300 from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. on the morning of a scheduled inspection.
- All construction safety protocols must be in place and a signed Covid-19 Construction Project Safety Certification form provided to our inspector prior to the inspection.
For general building questions, please call 925-931-5300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 to 4 p.m.