Print materials are located on the bookshelf behind the Information Desk (rear side)
Note: the Library does not have study materials for jobs with specific cities, counties, or states. For these types of materials, you will need to contact the government agency responsible for admistering the test.
- Information on careers
- Resumes, interviewing
- Sample exams: Study books with sample tests are in alphabetical order by the job title or name of the test. If you don’t see the book you need, Reference Desk staff can help you to place a hold on books owned by our Library, or titles owned by other libraries using our LINK+ borrowing service.
Examples of Test Study books:
Civil service clerical exams
Comprehensive postal exam, 473/473-C
Post office worker
The library offers study books with sample exams to use on your computer. You need to have a valid library card to access them.
Magazines and Newspapers
The Library carries area newspapers with business information and classified ads.
- San Francisco Business Times
- San Francisco Chronicle
- San Jose Mercury News
- Silicon Valley/San Jose business journal
- Tri-Valley Herald
- Valley Times
- Career Transitions for job searching, everything from choosing a career to writing a resume to applying for jobs
- Business File ASAP for company information
- Business & Company Resource Center for company information.
LearnATest: Take sample tests for jobs, including many civil service position. Tests are scored immediately. You need to have a valid Library card.
ReferenceUSA: Information on businesses and people. Search by geography, industry, size, executive names
Las Positas College, Building 900
Phone: (925) 424 - 1423
1188 South Livermore Ave., Livermore
Monday – Thursday 3pm – 7pm
Sunday 12pm – 4pm
5020 Franklin Drive, Pleasanton
Phone: (925) 485 - 5262
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9am – 5pm
Wednesday 12 Noon – 7pm; Friday 9am – 1pm.