City Council Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
City Council Chamber
200 Old Bernal Avenue
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance
* Introductory remarks by Councilmember McGovern
* Roll Call
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve regular meeting minutes of May 3, May 17, June 7, and June 21, 2011
2. Adopt resolution to implement employee contribution towards CalPERS pension plan for Pleasanton City Employees Association/AFSCME Local 955
3. Authorization to submit an application, in cooperation with Habitat for Humanity, for the State’s Building equity and Growth Neighborhoods (Begin) program
4. Accept Commissioner Absences Report for the period of January 1 through June 30, 2011
5. Accept of appeal actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
6. Public Hearing: PRZ-59, Lynn Jansen – Consider an application for the rezoning of an approximately three acres of the existing approximately fouracre site located at 1623 Cindy Way from the A (Agriculture) District to the PUDMDR (Planned Unit Development – Medium Density Residential) District; and the Negative Declaration prepared for the project
7. Approve a Professional Services Agreement with Rasmussen Planning, Inc. for a Baseline Conditions Summary Report for the East Pleasanton Specific Plan Area
8. Approve the Final Map, Improvement plans and subdivision agreement for Tract 8020, Staples Ranch
9. Accept public improvements performed by JJR Construction for the Annual Sidewalk Maintenance project, CIP No. 095012
10. Adopt a resolution granting utility easements to PG&E and AT&T to install undergound utility lines in portions of the parking lot at Val Vista Park, and directing the execution of a related cost allocation agreement with DSRSD
11. Approve first amendment to the agreement with T. Y. Lin International in the amount of $61,030 to prepare retaining wall designs and supplemental traffic forecasts for the I580/Foothill Road
12. Accept the Monthly Disbursements and Investment Report for May 2011
13. Adopt resolution to authorize the Used Oil Payment Program application
14. Adopt resolution declaring that the costs for weed abatement, including administrative costs are a special assessment and lien imposed on the properties requiring abatement
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
15. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
16. Public Hearing: PGPA-17, City of Pleasanton; consider the Draft Housing Element (including a list of potential sites to rezone for multifamily housing) and authorize submission to the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) for review
17. Public Hearing: P11-0035, Valley Business Park Owners Association – Consider an appeal of the Planning Commission’s approval of a Conditional Use Permit (PCUP-296, Summer Bowers) to operate a Stateexempt child care learning center during the summer only at 1020 Serpentine Lane, Suite 109
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting. For information on the next regular or special City Council meeting, please call 925.931.5027 or visit the website at www.ci.pleasanton.ca.us.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for disabled citizens to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance at least two working days advanced notice is necessary. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, PO Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or 925.931.5027 or email.