City Council Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
City Council Chamber
200 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
CALL TO ORDER
* Pledge of Allegiance
* Remarks by Councilmember Cook-Kallio
* Roll Call
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and may be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve regular and special meeting minutes of July 16, 2013
2. Approve an additional two month extension of agreement providing for rent stabilization of mobilehome space rents for the Hacienda Mobilehome Park
3. Accept report of Commissioner Absences for the period of January 1 through June 30, 2013
4. Actions of the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission
5. Second reading and adoption Ordinance No. 2074 approving St. Anton Partners application for a Development Agreement to vest the entitlements of the project PUD-81-30-87D, Anton Hacienda Apartments, consisting of 168 apartment units and related site improvements located at 5729 West Las Positas Boulevard
6. Second reading and adoption Ordinance No. 2075 approving the application of Ring Financial, Inc. for planned unit development (PUD) development plan approval, as filed under Case PUD-87
7. Second reading and adoption Ordinance No. 2076 approving a development agreement between the City of Pleasanton and Ring Financial, Inc.
8. Confirm a new member of the Ad Hoc East Pleasanton Specific Plan Task Force
9. Accept public improvements performed by Nor-Cal Concrete Company, Inc. for the Annual Curb and Gutter Replacement project, CIP No. 125009
10. Accept public improvements performed by VSS International for the Annual Slurry Seal of Various City Streets project, CIP Nol. 125004
11. Approve plans and specifications, review bids, and award contract to S R P Company in the amount of $62,990.00 for the Bi-Annual Erosion Control and Storm Repairs -- Sycamore Tank project, CIP No. 118015
12. Approve plans and specifications, review bids, and award construction contract to Ghilotti Construction Company in the amount of $5,300,626; approve the sixth amendment to the professional services agreement with T. Y. Lin International in the amount of $89,224 to provide design services during construction for the I-580/Foothill Road Interchange Improvement project, CIP No. 095034; and approve a professional services agreement with Carlson Management, Inc. in the amount of $666,377.62 for construction management services for the I-580/Foothill Road Interchange Improvement project, CIP No. 095034, and the I-680 /Bernal Avenue Interchange Improvement project, CIP No. 005068
13. Approve Services Agreement with Jennifer Hines Design for $25,000 for Graphic Services
14. Accept the Monthly Disbursements and Investment Report for June 2013
15. Approve a contract with All City Management Services (ACMS) in the amount of $284,292 for Crossing Guard Services
MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
16. Public Comment from the audience regarding items not listed on the agenda – Speakers are encouraged to limit comments to 3 minutes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND OTHER MATTERS
If necessary to assure completion of the following items, the Mayor may establish time limits for the presentations by individual speakers.
17. PUD97, Ponderosa Homes – Consider introduction of an ordinance approving: (1) the rezoning of an approximately 2.1-acre site at 4202 Stanley Blvd from C-F (Freeway Interchange Commercial) District to PUD-MDR/OS-PH&S/WO (Planned Unit Development – Medium Density Residential/Open Space – Public Health and Safety/Wildland Overlay) District; and (2) a PUD Development Plan to retain or demolish the existing residence, to remove the 32 mobile home spaces and related accessory structures, and to construct 12 to 14 detached single-family homes
MATTERS INITIATED BY COUNCIL
COUNCIL REPORTS: Brief reports on conferences, seminars, and meetings attended by the Mayor and City Council
There is a 90-day limit for the filing of a challenge in the Superior Court to certain City administrative decisions and orders, which require a hearing by law, the receipt of evidence, and the exercise of discretion. The 90-day limit begins on the date the decision is final (Code of Civil Procedure § 1094.6). Further, if you challenge an action taken by the City Council in court, you may be limited, by California law, including but not limited to Government Code §65009, to raising only those issues you or someone else raised in the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council prior to or at the public hearing. The City Council may be requested to reconsider a decision if the request is made prior to the next City Council meeting, regardless of whether it is a regular or special meeting. For information on the next regular or special City Council meeting, please call (925) 931-5027 or visit the website at www.cityofpleasantonca.gov.
Accessible Public Meetings
The City of Pleasanton will provide special assistance for disabled citizens to participate in public meetings upon advance notice. If you need an auxiliary hearing aid or sign language assistance at least two working days advanced notice is necessary. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, PO Box 520, Pleasanton, CA 94566 or (925) 931-5027 or email.