The City of Pleasanton City Clerk's Office is a designated U.S. Department of State Passport Acceptance Office. Passport applications are accepted by appointment only. Walk-in service is not available.
DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT UNTIL
YOU HAVE READ THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
- By appointment only Monday - Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The City does not process renewal forms (DS-82). This is a do-it-yourself by mail form.
- Double booking appointments will result in the second appointment being cancelled.
- If you have a travel emergency, please call 1-877-487-2778.
INFORMACIÓN EN ESPAÑOL
- Applications must be typed or printed using black ink.
- Passport fee to accompany each application must be in the form of personal check, cashiers check or money order only and payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- For complete information on all required forms, documents and passport fees you need to bring to your appointment, go to http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/apply.html.
- Photo services are not available at this facility.
- All applicants, regardless of age, must appear in person.
- Complete, but do no sign, your application prior to your appointment.
- Passport execution fee payable to the City of Pleasanton: $35 per application.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR MINORS
- Passports for children under age 16
A United States passport application for children under the age of 16 requires the signatures of both parents. The "Statement of Consent" form (DS-3053) for the non-appearing parent must be notarized. A clear black and white copy of the non-applying parent's government issued photo ID, front and back, is required.
- Passports for minors age 16 to 17
Minors ages 16-17 with their own identification can apply for a passport by themselves. However, it is recommended that at least one parent appear in person with the minor to identify him/her and to show parental awareness.
For complete passport application information, visit the U.S. Department of State website.
You may schedule an appointment up to thirty days in advance. If you see the message "No appointments are currently available" this means there are no available appointments at this time. Please check back later for more availability or for cancellations that may have occurred.